• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wild Roots - nano with Sakura and Snow White shrimp

alex08

Hello everyone,
Here is one of my nano tanks, low tech without CO2 or fertilizers and T8 lighting.
This pic is a bit old but you get the idea :
wildroots720rszt1206.jpg

30x30x30 cm
JBL Manado, some wood and plants : Fissidens fontanus, Bolbitis heudelotti, Microsorum pteropus mini, Cryptocoryne wendtii green and brown, Java moss, Tiger lotus and some surface plants.
Livestock : Sakura shrimp, Snow White Shrimp, Anentome helena, Melanoides tuberculata, Otocinclus.

For over a year the tank had a lot of Sakura shrimp and now i figured i'd like to see another "color" with them, so i brought some Snow White (Caridina cantonensis sp. Golden Bee).
There is no problem in keeping them in the same tank because one is Neocaridina and the other is Caridina.

Some shrimp pics :

shakurashrimp2720rszt13.jpg

shakurashrimp3720rszt13.jpg

shakurashrimp6800rszt13.jpg

shakurashrimp9800rszt13.jpg

shakurashrimp6800rszt13.jpg

wildview3800rszt1303.jpg

wildview10800rszt1303.jpg

wildview4800rszt1303.jpg

wildview5800rszt1303.jpg

wildview6800rszt1303.jpg

wildview7800rszt1303.jpg

wildview9800rszt1303.jpg

shakurashrimp10800rszt1.jpg

shakurashrimp13800rszt1.jpg

wildview16800rszt1303.jpg

wildview17800rszt1303.jpg

A lot more pics to come. :D

Very nice nano tank but unfortunately I could not see the pics following.

Alex, lovely shrimp, fantastic photos:thumbup:

Cheers
Martin

Alex,I can see the pics totally right now in my office where the exchange server located in HongKong,probably there is something wrong with my laptop or network at home,cosy looking,lovely shirmp,cute livestock,in one word,fantastic:D

Cheers
Kevin

Really nice healthy looking clean set up!Have you had any issues with Manando substrate pushing up TDS or other problems?I am using it currently in a small 20L shrimp tank,so just intrested on your view.How do your Snow Whites get on with your Sakura and are you able to breed them.Cheers Mark.

Hello Mark,

No problems so far with Sakura shrimp, they're breeding like rabbits. Snow Whites i only have them for 1 month now and they're pretty small.
I hope to see babies maybe in February or March. :)
Sakura and Snow Whites get along just fine, eat together, so no need to worry.

Alex it looks like you have loads of baby shrimp!They must be very happy with their tank conditions,well done mate!Any idea on your TDS,PH,GH?What kind of water changes or maintainence do you do on your tank?Cheers Mark

Back