• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Drop checkers

Dominic

I'm new to aquascaping, and after reading lots of different threads, i've heard 'drop checkers' come up quite a lot in co2 injected tanks.

So i was wondering- should i get a drop checker? are they expensive? How do they work? (co2 tank)

very handy article andy, thanks.

One thing that i'm thinking though- what if my area has a naturally high ph? wouldnt that make my drop checker come out as a blue colour and give me an incorrect reading? or have i missed the point? ( i know the co2 would bring the ph down, but wouldnt that mean that the guideline colour of 'too much co2' mean that i have enough co2? if that makes sense?

You may be getting confused !

It does not matter what pH your water has locally. Have another read of the article, Paragraph titled "Why tank water should not be used in the drop checker"

I use a drop checker but they are not needed, I only use it as a quick visual aid that my CO2 has come on. As you will find if you do buy one that they only help with the reading of CO2 concentration in the direct spot of the tank that it is located.

Back