• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New co2 setup - advice needed

Phlash

Hi,

As per the other thread, I have recently purchased a pressurised co2 system for the first time.

I have set it up today and I currently have two questions.
Firstly, the system seems to be working well apart from one thing. If I turn the solenoid off, the gas flow stops as expected. If I turn it on again, the gas does not flow until I adjust something. (Either needle or regulator) Does anyone have any advice?

(Ok, this one is going to sound weird) Secondly, since turning on the system, one of our two dogs keeps sniffing around the tank. I checked for leaks using a washing up liquid solution. No evidence of any gas escape.
Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks in advance, Phil.

Cats are too aloof to concern themselves with co2 - based goings- on. I suggest a rethink of the furry companion variety. :D . Your solenoid seems to be getting stuck in the closed position. Hmm, not experienced this before

Food in the cabinet?=dag:D :D too much tubing? Poor diffuser? Low co2? I had problems using certain diffuser inline and intank, some need high pressure to get them going. What kit have you got and do you have pick. My wife has been sniffing around my cabinet recently :D don't know why I haven't got and hidden her anything for xmas:)

Stop the clock....I've found the crystal problem.
I thought I would revert back to an old school method and quietened the house down. I then proceeded to listen for gas escaping. :) Glad I did. I could hear some.
Turned the solenoid off, it stopped. GREAT ! So its either the solenoid, the needle valve or the bubble counter.
I decided to start with the easiest and removed the bubble counter.
Powered on the solenoid, all working, no sound of gas. Turned off solenoid. It took a few seconds for the bubbles to stop....but they did.
Turned on the solenoid and bubbles resumed. Perfect!

So, my two questions were both symptoms of the same thing!
Two lessons to learn.
1) The washing up liquid test is not 100%. Some leaks are not easily accessible by the bubble mixture. (I can see this now looking at the design)
2) Listen to the dogs! And she is now enjoying her treat for making me think twice. Not sure if she could smell it, or hear it, but very grateful she made me think further.

Thanks for getting this far and listening to my rambling.
Have a very merry Christmas everyone.
Phil.

Great phil:) I'm glad We don't have the senses of dogs. I bet she could hear it. Good girl.:)

Back