• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dry vs Diluted

Hi All,

Probably a question asked many times but I havnt easily found a thread with it in,

Why dose daily spoonfulls of EI salts as opposed to a diluted EI Bottle?

I used to use the 500ml Bottles with salts diluted in it but have recently started putting in measured spoons each day directly into the tank (which im starting to feel is more of a pain).

Is there a reason for doing one or the other?

Liquid for me spent 6 months dosing dry and ended up with a tds of over a 1000 not surprised my rilli shrimp perished, not blaming the dry dosing method but if ya plants ain't using it they ain't using it.

Which leads me to another question, which I have seen posted here beore, Could the above TDS issue be because you were dosing Magnesium Sulphate in a Hard Water area? Ive seen this question argued both ways as to whether people in hard water areas should use Magnesium Sulphate in their EI mixes or not

I make mine up as an all-in-one solution and then use a peristaltic pump to dose daily on a timer since my memory is horrendous!

Back