• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Emersed cups

Johnbol

Seedling
Hello All,

It's my first post on this Forum after months of viewing, reading and admiring your photos.

I am not much of an aquascaper - I have only 2 small tanks at home (maybe I will show them later): 20L & 8L. Just think how much "fun" it was to start my aquarium "adventure" with 12L tank (turned into paludarium lately, swapped with ADA's Mini M) - but I am really fond of them. At least for most of the time, when I don't fight with algae and such... A while after I got on with fresh water aquariums, I took on emersed plants also. I'd say it was more by accident than on purpose.

Because of lack of free space (that's why I have such small tanks) I decided to use French yoghurt ceramic cups sold in some local stores. Found out they fit perfectly with transparent plastic cups I use as covers. I started on with simple set-ups just to have use for aquarium planting leftovers. Then more complexed "semi nature" set-ups appeared.
As a base I use only ADA Amazonia Powder - found it perfect for this! Cups are approx 5 cm diameter. I light with Philips tornado bulb for about 12 hrs a day. Sprinkle once per week with RO water + Do!aqua's be-Bright, and ADA Green gain.
I'm posting just a few photos (slightly enhanced - my mobile cam suxs...) of the cups I have atm. Rest, and some of the previous set-ups you can view at: Johnbol's photosets on Flickr There you will also find more detailed descriptions (plant names).

11575584715_5671f9f854.jpg

11575916434_b36b7d5774.jpg

11575794423_d4a3c028cd.jpg

Thank you in advance for your comments and remarks!

Regards,
Johnbol

Love your emersed cups mate. Do you spray them with water everyday? How much time are they covered?
Looking forward to swing your nano tanks!

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your kind words!

Love your emersed cups mate. Do you spray them with water everyday? How much time are they covered? Looking forward to swing your nano tanks!

I spray usually them once per week, sometimes even rarer - Amazonia is good with keeping proper moisture/air values. Plus I keep them covered all the time.

Here is a miniature photo of my miniature 8L tank. As I mentioned my cam is crappy... The photo misses a lot of details of the actual perspective: many different plants (don't know how many now...), peaks between the roots that make everything look bigger and brighter, etc.

11583533066_6b8a74f64a.jpg

And here is my Mini M "dry" set-up - no plants. I was always fascinated by those kinds of set-ups, so I decided to do my own. It sure was damn hard to find good scaping material for this size of tank here... Not so long ago my Otos spawned, so now I have few little guys out there. Hope the ones that managed to survive first few days (about 10 of them), and now are bit under 1 cm, will live long enough to become adults.

11582778305_0ee9a29120.jpg

Cheers!

Back