• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Iwagumi

Tom

gumi6.jpg

gumi1.jpg

gumi5.jpg

gumi2.jpg

gumi3.jpg

gumi4.jpg

BTW, does anyone know what these rocks are? I want more! Love em!

Tom

Not sure, they're just plain 'ol landscapers aren't they?
Also, this is my favourite scape you've ever done. Well done. I'd like to see some hair grass in there though, somewhere...

Haha, you'll upset people saying that, I don't know on the the rock front, possibly slate or a shale?

I think its good, but the middle stone is a bit lost and does not add anything to it IMHO, good idea on using the moss though, nice photography as well.

This scape is amazing as usual! I love all of your scapes to date.

I just think the moss needs to cover the rock a bit more front left and middle right. Apart from that, brilliant - and the fish choice is spot on too.

I've just done a trim on the moss, so it's all nice and smooth :D Put a bit more shape into it, so it should look much better once its grown in again. Thanks for the suggestions

I just think the moss needs to cover the rock a bit more front left and middle right.

I want the moss to just grasp the bottom of that rock, so it looks like it's emerging from deep within the mound.

the middle stone is a bit lost and does not add anything to it IMHO

I tried removing the middle stone, but it looked a bit odd. Strange gap between the two others that didn't look right. I've put it back in, but turned slightly and IMO it looks better. Will get pics up in a sec...

Cheers,

Tom

planter said:
Its Pagoda Tom! MA sell it.
Yeah thats what I thought I saw at MA@Morden looks pretty cool, when I setup my new shrimp tank might go for something different this time with rocks rather than wood ;)

Tom said:
Sorry about the quality, it's a phone pic...

DSC00080.jpg

Thats it ;) much better, the rock just needs to be defined more for the final photo, I found I had to do a double take in the first photo to actually see the middle rock. Very good Iwagumi layout IMO.

Afraid that it doesn't look all that different to me, and certainly doesn't change my viewing of the layout either way. The one thing that does really stick out to me is that forward most rock, it looks too big and bulky to me, takes away any sense of harmony.

The mosses look lovely though, and my 10 year old daughter really likes your pink lighting.

Ade

Nice tank.

A couple of questions, what kind of moss is it? and what fish do you have in there?

Cheers.

Back