• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can I replace the bulb in this fixture??

PM

I have a Superfish Aqua Cube 9 watt light as pictured below over my ADA Mini M. Though the tube has just gone.

11629880615_6c2c3e56d6.jpg

11629875615_e9c0f88800.jpg

Can I replace the tube? It seems I need a torx head driver to open it up so I'm not actually sure if it can be replaced? I would rather replace it if possible than just bin the whole unit!

I saw this but not sure if it's the correct product as I bought this light quite a few years ago now...

Superfish Aqua Qube 15 Bulb 9 Watt: Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies

Any help appreciated, thanks!

I have one in the cupboard that I thought the bulb Had gone on in the end it turned our to be the fittings the bulb goes into. So yes they are replaceable but I'd check it's not the fittings inside at fault by carefully applying a bit of pressure when apart.

Just checked ours is a 18w version or you could have had it for spares:) I found the transformer got very hot on it so didn't really want it in the kids room. Recently got them a fluval clip on and plants are doing really well. :)

Back