• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

BBA or something nicer

yep this looks like it alright, when it grows on plant leaves it can indicate that the plant is weak...nutrient deficient, so check from co2 down through the ferts. I've just bought some of the crossocheilus langeis myself after reading what others have said about the little charmers

Are they getting on it?

well they were quite partial to the pellets at the lfs so I'm being a bit Ray Mears and forcing them to get back to nature, they're just swimming about trying to figure stuff out at the moment...

Yeah looks like staghorn rather than BBA at this point, but you will be able to tell for sure in a few days as the army advances :)

Having real trouble distinguishing the two! Think have been feeding a bit more so will cut back on that in case is early stag horn.
It looks too twiggy to be bba.. If you zoom in on the pic you can make out some branching witch is a tell tail sign of stag horn.. Also when you take bba out of the water I noticed it looks fluffy or blob like if that makes sense lol

Back