• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Red stem suggestion..

Iain Sutherland

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Just drawing up a new plant list for the 60, again it will be a tank based around trying out some plants i like rather than an ideal scape.
I am short a red stem plant though, needs to be smaller leaves due to tank size... think i have exhausted the tropica range.

ideas on a post card :)

I assume you've done the 'red section' on tgm website. Check out extraplant- they have some less common stuff, although i have not checked specifically for reds. Anyway - i am very interested in your choices. a red Monte Carlo would be awesome

What about Tropica Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini'?

hey simon, just done this one in the 60 at the moment, lovely plant but looking for something new...

I assume you've done the 'red section' on tgm website. Check out extraplant- they have some less common stuff, although i have not checked specifically for reds. Anyway - i am very interested in your choices. a red Monte Carlo would be awesome

yeah, im after 4 and have 3 at the moment... myriophyllum matt 'red', macrandra again as didnt get the best from it this time round and proserpinaca 'cuba' plus another 9 or so fore and mid ground species. Would ideally like a red pogo erectus...

never looked at extra plant, will do so now.

Are you planning a red design? I really hope so... I am stuck in ' muddy orange ' at the mo.

Are you planning a red design? I really hope so... I am stuck in ' muddy orange ' at the mo.

red background again, it makes me feel happy :D

Aponogeton crispus red? Not a stem plant, but looks ace!

certainly does ian, but not this time round however it is in my 'future scape file' for the 120...

Rotala sp enie
7ff473d7-9691-4194-87c9-183299edb958_zpsebb75a5b.jpg

hoggie

A red Pogo. erectus => Limnophila hipuridoides. A little smaller than Pogo. stellata, a lot easier and easier coloured !!
Mick.

I'm a "nogood" on any technical things, mate - incl. photography !!
But it's the one left, back at "Tropica Lobby Tank", in the Tropica section of this forum :)
Mick.

here hogan
Plant Details
think it may be a little big for my little 60 though mick.... more motivation to move up to a 90 :)

Rotala sp enie
7ff473d7-9691-4194-87c9-183299edb958_zpsebb75a5b.jpg

hoggie

nice, just finding it in any numbers may be a problem without busting the bank...

quite tempted by rotala indica now also. Anyone have any experience with how wide it gets?

Rotala indica should resemble the Rot. rotundifolia size-wise..........but much nicer colour
Mick

The one(s) I've grown all tends to grow a little more "arched" or "fountain"-like. Not to point of problematic - just more than standard rotundifolia.
Mick.

Just checked your other red's, Iain. The Rot. indica should've been my suggestion, I see now. Will work perfect colourwise to the three others (which L. hip. will not !!) Enie will go more red, than the pic. I tested that.
Mick.​

Back