• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Back to my roots

Tank looks stunning , I'm with you about the 'landscape' set ups. , look at dan Crawford discuss set up for instance. . not forgetting toms bucket of mud

A detailed aqua scape (iwagumi/landscape) does take some technique but I'm sure the majority of true planted tank hobbyists would prefer to have a healthy planted tank with lots going on like yours .
I think it will look awesome when it takes off :)

I personally don't see why you have to explain yourself for not doing an iwagumi or 'landscape' style tank

Cheers

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

What screws did use for this, brass? I might have a go with some of my own driftwood.

I used stainless steel. Drill the hole first, then add the screw. You can make some really interesting stuff from it. I reckon it looks a little like the Ada iron wood. Good luck with it!

Don't know how but I missed this :banghead: fantastic Ian but then I'm biased being a crypt lover and I thought I was the only one who loved Flamingo :D
It's slow to go but once it does there's no stopping it.
This is it in my tank

11606056453_0db8b5893e_c.jpg

That looks great Miranda!

Perhaps we should start a C.flamingo fan club! I'll make the badges.

Sign me up for one Ian :D excuse the slightly overgrown state of the tank,some of the crypts are due to be moved out as they have done too well,not that I'm complaining :lol:
I found you can sort of soften the colour slightly and get a nice transition using C.legroi around it which I shall do more of once the Tropica's moved out.

Agree, I have managed to source an unknown crypt, it's leaves are orange, I have planted near the flamingo, so it should make a nice addition. I'll get some pics later.

Looking forward to pics of that one,sounds lovely :) I was trying to get hold of florida sunset but Tom Barr says the immersed growth colour isn't so good :(
How on earth do you source these unknown plants,I'm jealous :rolleyes:

Back