• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sagittaria Natans

MrMacey

Seedling
Hello, in my 35 litre planted tank I have an 'experimental' patch of what I believe is Sagittaria Natans but it doesn't want to survive let alone grow so was wondering what the cause could be?

Over the tank I currently have 2 24w T5's with reflectors, good flow around the tank as it is only small, dosing Tropica premium ferts 3x a week, Neutro CO2 dosed daily alongside a DIY CO2 setup (nutrafin ladder). Oh there are also some root tabs underneath as I'm using a sand substrate.

Any other info needed please ask :)

Cheers,

I know the watts per gallon/litre rule is in invalid anyway but I thought it was even more so in the smaller planted tanks due to the PAR levels still needing to be sufficient i.e more watts needed than in a bigger tank to create a high light scenario?

I think you may be correct about the CO2 levels though so a drop checker is next on the list of things to get!

You definitely have a super high light tank

Good job I recently added CO2 then! Haha all of my other plants seem to be growing well, it is just the sag that kept going brown then over run by algae. Some I managed to 'save' last week so we will see how that goes now.

Back