• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Beginner setting up ADA 60P tank from scratch..advice needed

Peter Bennett

Seedling
Hey guys,

So I'm putting together my first proper aquascaping tank from scratch and I'd appreciate your input on my choices.

So here's my current hardware list:

Tank: ADA 60P

Filter: TetraTec EX1200

Light: Up Aqua Pro Z-series LED

CO2: Complete paintball kit from CO2 Art

Heater: Hydor ETH 200 External

Substrate: TMC Nutrasoil

I haven't really got any plans for what'll go in the tank yet; want to try a whole range of plants and see which ones do well while I learn the tricks of the trade etc.

But do you guys think that the above will give me a pretty solid footing?? I'm open to any suggestions to make the setup better...

Looks good, although I never seen the led in action

Cheers guys -- on the CO2 front I'm actually leaning towards a fire extinguisher setup now. From reading other people's journals CO2 seems to go quicker than I expected. Also think I'm going to use an inline diffuser as it appears to be the most successful method.

As for the light, I figured it'd be enough for me to get on with. For my first setup I'll try and pick the less demanding plants and see what works...

Now to get everything ordered...

Reactions: tim
Back