• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

help! with glossotigma

I was thinking- that is a lot of flow. Try it without the powerheads for a week

That strangely tall glosso is either low light or poor CO2 circulation or perhaps a mixture of both. As your left hand corner drop checker at substrate level is lime green then Co2 would seem ok, so try increasing the light, but be prepared to wash your was even more regularly until you have found a happy medium..

Hi guys.
Its been a week now and I have good and bad news.
First I like to Thank every one who gave me advice and a Big thanks to big clown. I owe you one.

I raise my spray bar near the surface to get a ripple affect to get more oxygen in the tank and turn up the co2.
since then I lost about 5 fish :( my bad! I have slowly drop it down and added a eheim skimmer on a timer after light off.

any ways my glosso is growing yehhhhh!!!!!!
I noticed they been growing differently after 2 day of removing the powerhead. So all I been doing is trimming the tall ones and replant them.
I have to say this plant they grow very quick.
I will post another update in a few weeks.
cheers guys

2 day after removing the powerhead
e18HMI8.jpg

1 week later
wyi8CAP.jpg

Is it because the flow pushing the co2 to fast and the plants can't absorb it in time? Fish seem to like it better though lol
I think this is correct. There must be ' contact' in order for the plant to absorb. Think ceg said this a couple of years ago...

Hi everyone
Here the 4weeks update on my glosso.
Tank has gone bad to good. Plants been grown really well and strong. Every day I notices glosso spreading more and more. Plants at the back needs a trim back since then I added a twinstar and rocks looks better and plants seems to be growing faster.
When do I have to trim my glosso? When its fully carpet?
gTeH3hA.jpg

chNOFRo.jpg
e712z27.jpg
Wr9RdCO.jpg

Attachments

• gTeH3hA.jpg
    gTeH3hA.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 95
  • chNOFRo.jpg
    chNOFRo.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 330
  • e712z27.jpg
    e712z27.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Wr9RdCO.jpg
    Wr9RdCO.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 87
Cheers guys

How long after planting the stems did it take for them to start growing horizontally?

My glosso has been sitting in my tank for about a month and it just grows vertically. Can't count the DC bps because it's so high, my DC's are nearly orange at lights on. Lights are TMC LED's at 40%. Spray bar at the back pointing directly forwards. EI dosing. I'm convinced my parameters are in check.

The only thing I haven't done is trim it, could this be what I'm missing..?

Back