• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Introducing Amano shrimp into tank

Well that'd be brill Lee! Thanks mate! May have to retire the Twinstar lol

Before i blast some cash on plants tomorrow would it be cheeky to ask if you've any stems going spare as well? lol

See you tomorrow evening :)

Well that'd be brill Lee! Thanks mate! May have to retire the Twinstar lol

Before i blast some cash on plants tomorrow would it be cheeky to ask if you've any stems going spare as well? lol

See you tomorrow evening :)

I've neglected my tank over the last couple of weeks mate (i've been away a lot over xmas), and my stems have suffered, but I have some microsorum trident, crypts, anubias nana petite and marsilea hirsuta you can have. Theres also a ton of spiky moss, if you are interested? I can pass it all over to you when i strip the tank down, should be this week or next week.

Lee,just reading the thread and see that you have a lot of spiky moss you may be getting rid of.If Rob doesn't want it i would be happy to take it off your hands and pay you for it .PM me and let me know

Cheers
Martin

Just come back from Lees house and blagged everything i think i can fit in mine lol, but not the moss. And let me say that moss is stunningly beautiful!! A real credit to Lee :)

So what is the verdict!

Drip acclimation with Co2 off, or leave the Co2 on and float them while adding water?

Lee,just reading the thread and see that you have a lot of spiky moss you may be getting rid of.If Rob doesn't want it i would be happy to take it off your hands and pay you for it .PM me and let me know

Cheers
Martin

Hi Martin! You can have the spiky moss, just cover P&P. I think theres probably about 15 or so tropica sized pots, do you want it all?

Lee.

So what is the verdict!

Drip acclimation with Co2 off, or leave the Co2 on and float them while adding water?
Personally I always have co2 off and drip acclimate shrimp to be safe. I'm sure you can do it successfully other ways, but if unsure don't risk it.
Also worth bearing in mind if your leaving your co2 off for a day to also leave your lights off that day too otherwise your plants will suffer.
Cheerio
Ady

Hi Martin! You can have the spiky moss, just cover P&P. I think theres probably about 15 or so tropica sized pots, do you want it all?

Lee.

Yes please mate.got a couple of tanks i can use it in.PM me your details and a postage price.
Is the pelia available as well?

Cheers
Martin

Just come back from Lees house and blagged everything i think i can fit in mine lol, but not the moss. And let me say that moss is stunningly beautiful!! A real credit to Lee :)

Like the sound of this as I'm having the moss

Cheers
Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Like the sound of this as I'm having the moss

Lucky you :) I think Lees beat himself up over his tank. When i walked in last night the moss looks show case, vibrant, healthy, green. Stunning. If I could do half as well i'd be happy lol

Ha ha awesome :D

My shrimp were despatched yesterday and the idea was they'd turn up mid afternoon today and i'd told my missus to take delivery and put them somewhere safe til I got home.

Well they've arrived already so not fancying having them boxed all day i've persuaded her to get them in (she has nothing to do with the fish and is generally freaked out by all things that move :nailbiting: ).

Ideal really as they'll be in well before gas and lights go on. So she's doing it the floating bag way, adding water every 10 minutes for an hour or so before setting them loose.

After that, she's off to pick up another Fire Extinguisher for me lol ;)

What a good egg :)

Good luck with the new shrimp Rob hopefully they work really well for you
I would say floating the bags & adding the water is the wrong way to acclimatise shrimp especially if bought mail order as your water parameters & the tank they came from there could be a huge difference, tds is the main one shrimp are very sensitive to changes in tds & drip acclimatising works much better but saying that amano shrimp tend to be pretty tough shrimp :)

Neccessary evil really Graham as it probably wouldn't have done much good leaving them in a bag all day what with them turning up so early! She's done it now anyway and left it a good hour and half with a good number of small water inclusions over the period. Fingers crossed!

I think when i'm ready for your cherries i'll make a point of being in all day :)

Like I said in previous post should be absolutely fine as amano are a tough old shrimp & do well in a wide range of water parameters much the same as cherry shrimp :)

Back