• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
BBA is retreating massively. Cleaned out filters, raised lights, cut off infected leaves, water changes every two days, improved flow with a hydor 3200 pump, and added this little fellow. Caught right in the act of eating BBA... Makes a big difference.

11861047523_5a32765704_b.jpg

And because I can't help but tinker, have put the AM1000 back in operation. Want to see if I can get this way of injecting right before I move on to my next big tank... Here's the custom filling.

11861207174_09854d06a7_b.jpg

And because I can't help but tinker, have put the AM1000 back in operation. Want to see if I can get this way of injecting right before I move on to my next big tank... Here's the custom filling.

Hey mike, its all looking very well. Suprising what a few weeks of hard labour can do.
Ive found the reactor works best with no media in it, i get a few small bubbles spit out when the 2080 is on full wack but not much so 90%? disolution with no media so no loss in flow which is worth more... that looks pretty packed.

Must be the season for BBA...

Hey mike, its all looking very well. Suprising what a few weeks of hard labour can do.
Ive found the reactor works best with no media in it, i get a few small bubbles spit out when the 2080 is on full wack but not much so 90%? disolution with no media so no loss in flow which is worth more... that looks pretty packed.

Must be the season for BBA...

Yup! Good luck with yours.

Don't have a flow problem now with the hydor in there. Found the AM1000 made a gushing noise when empty as bubble of CO2 gathered at the top and water entering drove me mad.

Might just make a 1m long PVC inline one for my next tank as will have lots of space behind it, using two aqua medic t-pieces in the hose going in - one for co2 injection, the other for air escape.

Quick update 57 days in to rescape. Here's what it looked like on day 1:

12039429346_10784cf735_b.jpg

And here's where it is today:

12038614285_f81702d491_b.jpg

Am actually approaching a proper carpet! Having really struggled before, suddenly I have pretty passable sections of quite a few things - HC, Lileopsis, Monte Carlo, Marsilea - so starting to see pros and cons of each, and will have enough in a few months to go with my next project - a 480l, seriously ambitious slow build.

Have finally got sick of the whistling from the TMC Aquaray 1500 tiles when they're dimmed, and am getting better results with lower lighting than 100%, so have sent them off to have them 'upgraded'. Here's the thread on that discussion...

High pitch whine on TMC LED tiles | UK Aquatic Plant Society

The second photo above is taken with my old T5 luminaire, which I always struggled with. Can't help feeling the colour balance is quite a bit nicer. It's also positioned much further back than the LEDs, which also makes a big difference. Worth noting for future set-ups how much difference that makes!

Day 80... Lights have basically been either off (ran out of CO2) or very low (sent back the TMC Aquaray tiles to be altered as the whistling when they were dimmed was driving me mad, which took about two weeks - they're now silent and perfect). But overall, the healthiest tank I've ever had.

12465808004_008d698f2c_b.jpg

Attachments

• 12465808004_008d698f2c_b.jpg
    12465808004_008d698f2c_b.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 149
Back