• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp Cryptocoryne & Anubias

Graham01

I was wondering on everyone's thoughts & experiences in keeping shrimp with Cryptocoryne & Anubias as there is a lot of conflicting reports to be found on there ability to release deadly toxins into the water column which can apparently wipe out shrimp

It's just Chinese whispers. Someone mentions it then someone else does and so on until everyone's thinking it. Ive cut anubias down before now with no negative effect whatsoever on shrimp and I believe soneone blended up anubias and chucked it in a tank to see what would happen to the shrimp if anything and nothing did

Certainly my experience as well as have always had anubias java ferns & crypts in with shrimp & never had a death from poisoning just interested to see where it all started from :)

Nope, no problems with either plant. Ive even cut an Anubias rhizome in the tank a couple of times without any ill effects

I asked this question a while back,answer was the same.All anyone has to do is look at Paolo's(London Dragon) shrimp tank journal -thriving Sakura tank full of Anubias.Cheers Mark.

Back