• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Back to my roots

Wow this has really filled out. Have you been adding to it or is this all new growth?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Cheers Ali, I've added a bit more hairgrass at the front, sorry, should've put that in the update. The aponogeton bulbs have started to grow at the back, it took them a couple of weeks to get going.

Hi Ian,
Great tank, looks stunning and dare I say a little 'old school' in so far as you are free to change or move the plants around to your hearts delight. Looking forward to seeing many more pics as you have your fun.
Harry.

Fair play mate, had to make sure after your "Dutch" tank and how the plants practically EXPLODED! :)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Hi Ian,
Great tank, looks stunning and dare I say a little 'old school' in so far as you are free to change or move the plants around to your hearts delight. Looking forward to seeing many more pics as you have your fun.
Harry.

Thanks Harry, and 'yes' old skool, that's exactly what I want it to be. Thanks mate!

Looks well very nice love those crypts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cheers Dan, and yes, it's great to be back in the crypt world.

Looking awesome.

Thanks Troi!

Looking great Ian. Decided to take the plunge and do something vaguely similar over the weekend with my vision 180l. Just threw a bunch of random plants in my AE basket and then planted them yesterday. It's so refreshing! My plecs are being a pain in the ass though and keep digging around in the marsilea and uprooting the blyxa plantlets. But they're too expensive and pretty to hate them :rolleyes:

Looking great Ian. Decided to take the plunge and do something vaguely similar over the weekend with my vision 180l. Just threw a bunch of random plants in my AE basket and then planted them yesterday. It's so refreshing! My plecs are being a pain in the ass though and keep digging around in the marsilea and uprooting the blyxa plantlets. But they're too expensive and pretty to hate them :rolleyes:

Sounds good Claire! Get some pics up!

Ian, what intensity have you had your tile running at?.....when you first started up and what you ended up with?

Hi Richard, I run my tile at 100% at all times. I have on all my scapes done in the signature. It takes some tweeting with the c02 ratio and plant mass.
I'm actually gonna be running the new TMC lighting system on this shortly, which are not as intense. So, we'll see how it goes.

Think I'm going to have a look at lighting there are some fantastic light units about at the minute and these LEDs have really come a long way in the last 12 months

The led lighting is brilliant now, however you can pay through the nose for it...however, the new TMC range appears to be a lot cheaper.

Ian, what is the new TMC lighting system you are talking about? A link would be great.

Thomas

Hi Thomas, this is the one, they don't have em in yet, but should be in this week sometime. They're the same ones George used at aqua Telford.

TMC Aquahabitats AquaBar LED Lighting

Yes, and the dimmer is only gonna be around £15!

The brackets are apparently a lot less obtrusive than the mountaray brackets. Which is only a good thing!

Back