• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Electronic timers, heads up B&Q

Rob P

B&Q had some neat/compact electric timers on offer when i was in there yesterday. Can't remember brand, but they were a compact model with umpteen programmes etc. Usually sell em for £4.98 each, they are on a 2 for 3 so picked a few up.

After another near miss with a pin timer recently I'm hoping these electric ones (with battery back up as well) will be better.

Just thought I'd share.

Nah mate, these ones...

ktbTcmg.jpg

Usually £4.98 each but offer is 3 for price of 2. Nice and compact :)

Be careful I had 4 off these off which 3 have failed over the last couple of years.

one just stopped, no display nothing. Luckily on my tank light so easily noticed and replaced.

Other two now forget after a power cut. Originally lasted ages with no mains power, but eventually kept finding them "reset" after power cut having forgotten their timings. Taken apart and they have a tiny battery, charged from mains, which on these failed two now holds no charge at all.

Also no good with inductive load eg air pump or non electronic lights as would occasionally just reset when switching on and off.

All 3 went in bin, waste of money considering failure could wipe out £100's pounds of fish...

Now using Byron remote mains sockets to control tank electrics. Works well.

Back