• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

faulty ph pen

Do you have the yellow one? I got this one the other day and mine does the same. Seems to be notoriously unreliable as I have tested a tank a couple of times and got .5 difference over a spell of 2 minutes! Have gone back to using liquid tests for pH in my malawi tank as I am thoroughly unconvinced with it.

I think the issue is these are only single point calibration. I calibrate mine to the closest range I'm interested in which is 6.8,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Hi yes It's the stupid yellow one that I didn't know it was coming from china. Took almost 3 week to arrive.
There is another one look exactly the same but at the back is has 2 screw for calibrate. I call co2 art as they have the same one I have and they said they never had a customer complain about it so I Might again

I calibrated mine to the 6.9 solution and then went to test my malawi tank which I know sits around pH 8 and it was saying it was 9.8 haha.

Back