• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sudeep Mandle method

Karen H

Hi. Has anyone else read the article from sudeep Mandle about setting up a non co2 low tech tank?
He uses the following dosing with out lots of water changes.
It is an adaption from the tom barr method.

As per Tom’s recommendations, dose the following once a week or once in two weeks for a 20 gallon tank. If you have a different sized tank, calculate the required fert dose accordingly.

1/4 Teaspoon of Seachem Equilibrium (for traces and Calcium + Magnesium). (1.42 ppm Ca, 0.42 ppm Mg, 3.43 ppm K and 0.02 ppm Fe)

1/8 Teaspoon of KNO3 (Potassium Nitrate) (5.27 ppm NO3 and 3.32 ppm K)

1/32 Teaspoon of KH2PO4 (Potassium Mono Phosphate) (1.61 ppm PO4 and 0.66 ppm K)
The only problem I have is how to work out the dosing levels from the above for a 65l tank.

Hi Tim thanks it's so confusing with litres , gallons and us gallons when you are talking about using such small amounts.
Karen

I get confused too with one gallon being 3.5 lts and the other 4.5 lts so I just average it out to 4 lts and call it aquarium gallons :p

Back