• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
It's been quite awhile Ady,.... good gracious me the tanks are looking absolutely lovely. The Jurassic tank looks really matured now. I wish you had left the dinosaurs toys in there for good. It would have been classic if a brontosaurus was seen peeking out behind one of your mosses.:happy: I am sure your little fishes & shrimps are very appreciative of the "paradise" that you've created for them. Expected nothing less from you anyways mate,...:). About the reef tank,...your passion & zest to conquer new things never ceases to amaze me. I am sure most of your time now are spent on researching how to master reefs. It's going to be nothing short of amazing,...that much i am pretty sure of already:). Following your progress with complete admiration.

Too kind Faizal, but thank you :oops:

Trying hard not to get too involved with the reef tank £££, wanted some nice fish to look at with some easy corals, but you know how it goes, theres always something to research!

NAtural Jurassic has had a big trim, bolbitis and ferns thinned again and ive removed most of the java moss from the branches which had overgrown and suffocated itself really due to my lack of trimming! Ive removed some hydrocotle too which was getting a bit wild and ive began pulling the vallis out in hope of allowing more room for the lace plant at the rear so theres a bit of a hole there now. Tank is refreshed again as it was getting too wild, ill try to get a pic up soon :thumbup:
I must admit, im getting the urge for something different in here again, a rescape will be dictated by funds..... but my thinking cap is on and my fingers getting itchy!
Thanks again for your kind comments, always appreciated :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

a few pics, excuse the very dirty glassware, i hate cleaning it :shh::

g8i9.jpg

glbt.jpg

yqi7.jpg

83tb.jpg

Cheerio,
Ady.

as others have said amazing tank and great journal loved reading this start to finish and it is a huge shame but looking forward to see your ideas for next tank mate

Dean

Get your nano out and play with that. You cant get rid of this before the lace shows itself

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

A great looking, healthy tank. very natural looking. Wish my tds was in the 200's,currently running around the 645 range. Water is as hard as nails where I live.

Thanks for the comments, i have the itch but it won't be coming down for a while yet :) Its a very easy tank to run now, even gradual drop off in c02 bubble rate doesn't seem to phase it and as such I'm currently lowering fert dosing also from full ei to around 3/4 currently. Dosing 35ml macro and 20ml micro alternate days seemingly without any negative effect. The low lighting intensity certainly leaves room for error, and although it has been a slow process, now its nearly filled in it makes maintaining it less intense, I'm almost horizontal with pruning really and if i can reduce fertilisers right down then ill be able to maintain a lower tds, which is currently at 136!….lower than the shrimp tank :eek: Im down to 1 50-60% water change per week now also which is much more manageable so all this taken into consideration id be daft to take it down as it fits better with family life.
Get your nano out and play with that. You cant get rid of this before the lace shows itself

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
Nano still going, I've just added 20 CRS into this tank from there as its rather full, ill do the same next week when i water change the nano again.

A great looking, healthy tank. very natural looking. Wish my tds was in the 200's,currently running around the 645 range. Water is as hard as nails where I live.
its lower than i thought, read it at TDS 136 the other day, with reduced ferts I'm hoping it will stay sub 200 consistently. Tap water reads 68 now during the winter, it was 76 during the summer, i use tap water direct for water changes without remineralisation, just some seachem safe for chlorine etc.

First time ive seen this Journal for some reason!

Firstly, Im massively impressed with the job on the custom black cabinet. Im not usually a fan of black furniture but yours is incredible!

The tank looks every bit as nice as the cabinet. Really natural healthy scape! Hats off to you Sir!
Thanks Richard, the benefit of working in a bodyshop :thumbup:

Nothing much to report, except the fert reduction and that i cleaned the glassware :p

jci6.jpg

Maidenhair Fern:

omap.jpg

Riccardia and fissidens:

yojf.jpg

15b5.jpg

qitv.jpg

n6iv.jpg

Cheerio,
Ady.

Ill send you some paulo im popping gary some out soon

Alastair is the man.....i got mine from Homebase £3.00, grows tall and fast though its like a triffid!

Hi,
i let this get a little overgrown again which resulted in another minor filamentous algae outbreak in the fissidens and coral pelia mainly. Had a major hack back again to improve distribution and toothbrushed most of the algae out, hopefully that will be enough to correct things. Im going to keep the maidenhair fern trimmed right back too to allow more light to the lace plant in an attempt to inspire faster growth as I've also ripped out all the vallis now so needs some height in the centre rear.
CRS are doing well though, had a few berried and noticed some newborn shrimplets in the round pelia yesterday so thought id pop a few photos up of the shrimp :)

P1130667_zps870cd626.jpg

P1130675_zpsb9ce323f.jpg

P1130681_zps49e185e9.jpg

Cheerio,
Ady.

Attachments

• P1130667_zps870cd626.jpg
    P1130667_zps870cd626.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 136
  • P1130681_zps49e185e9.jpg
    P1130681_zps49e185e9.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 144