• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

silly boy, bought a t5 bulb instead of a t8...

Kyle Lambert

so as the title states, i bought a t5 bulb instead of a t8 online to replace the bulb that had bust. However, i have decided that im going to use said bulb in conjunction with the t8 to create a bit more oomph for my plants.

Heres the problem.

I cannot, for the life of me find a t5 starter unit for a 16w, 397mm bulb for the life of me! its a single bulb and not a double and its damn impossible! anyone able to point me in the right direction? if it costs too much i may just put it up for sale on here to someone who can use it!

Hi, I think you can get a t8 -t5 converter on eBay. are your end fittings fixed or on wire pushed onto the end of the tube?

EBay item no..., 330764237666 May do it ;) if your bulb cost a pretty penny.

it cost me just under £9 lol. but as i said, i can use it with what ive got to get a bit more spectrum. cheers!

T8's are good tubes, but I run t5's now my tubes retail at £24!!!!each , no need to spend that, there's a really good thread on here on tube spectrum and comparison that includes pics, well worth searching out:) cheers Kirk.

Back