• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Edge 23 litre

Well I'm not qualified to say what is too much and what isn't, if they seem happy then who cares about the overall general rule, but I would say celstrial Danios and rummy nose tetras absolutely definitely need a larger swimming space, don't worry about shrimp, they don't count when working out live stock quantities, u would need a bucket load before u had too many :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

looking great and makes it look like much bigger tank, once i get my first tank set up and running smoothly i really like these tanks and maybe get one at some point.
love the planting but are these tanks hard to work on ? just with the hole in the top, keep us updated mate

Dean

Well I'm not qualified to say what is too much and what isn't, if they seem happy then who cares about the overall general rule, but I would say celstrial Danios and rummy nose tetras absolutely definitely need a larger swimming space, don't worry about shrimp, they don't count when working out live stock quantities, u would need a bucket load before u had too many :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers Jack, I'll keep an eye on them. The celestials are very small at the moment. The rest seem happy enough and I can always transfer them to my Rio 180 set up if they look like they're struggling for space ( gonna be a bugger catching them though through the small opening. Lol

Cheers
Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looking great and makes it look like much bigger tank, once i get my first tank set up and running smoothly i really like these tanks and maybe get one at some point.
love the planting but are these tanks hard to work on ? just with the hole in the top, keep us updated mate

Dean

Cheers Dean, not that bad to work on, hopefully using the plants I've got there is minimal maintenance. I just love the quirky size. I spend hours staring at the thing. Looks better at night. As I said previously water changes are a doddle, 1 bucket. Glad you like it mate

Cheers
Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evening all just a few updated piccies of the Edge. Added loss of Christmas moss and some fissidens courtesy of Ghostsword. Shrimp love it. Gonna be getting some more cherries at the weekend, anyway, pictures, enjoy

4aqydunu.jpg
vyhyru8e.jpg
dapudapa.jpg
tava9use.jpg
nedynuva.jpg
6a6emapy.jpg
jaqynesu.jpg

Evening everyone,just a quick update on the Edge.Basically not a lot different from last time, water changes every 2 weeks as it's running no CO2 or Easy Carbo,just adding 3mm of Profito each week, The plants are doing really well and the moss is spreading out. All of the fish are doing great and i've put in another 10 Cherries.The Amano's are quite elusive until the evening and come from nowhere when the Biomax goes in even fighting with each other for the prize.So far,touch wood ,there's no algae and i haven't even cleaned the inside glass. I've just got a Photobucket account and have been playing around with my Panasonic Lumix taking pictures and uploading them onto the site,so here's a few of the tank at the moment, hopefully better than the ones i take with the I-phone. Cheers for now,Martin P.S all comments as usual welcome
P1020811.jpg
P1020810.jpg
P1020809.jpg
P1020808.jpg
P1020807.jpg
P1020836.jpg
P1020823.jpg
P1020812.jpg
P1020831.jpg
P1020841.jpg
P1020830.jpg

love this tank looks awesome ;) do you have the blue lighting on at night and if so any chance of a night pic mate ? love how low maintenance this is and how good it looks for that reason

Keep it up
Dean

Dean, no i dont use the blue light at night ,just have the main one on from 5 til 10 on a timer.
I'll do a night shot tonight just for you mate ;)

Cheers
Martin

Dean as promised a few of the tank with the blue led's
ybupatu2.jpg

ma9ehe3e.jpg
ymu5e9ep.jpg

Cheers
Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

great little tank and I like the blue lighting but I have a small light i purchased but hardly never put it on either ,keep the pics coming mate looking really good

Dean

Thanks Dean

Been a long time since I've posted any pictures of the little edge I have running in the kitchen Still going strong low tech no major problems, just weekly water changes and dosing Neutro t daily. Stock is 3 no 3 line pencil fish, 3 galaxy rasboras, 6 amano and 5 cherry shrimp from the tank upstairs. It's not in the kitchen at the moment as I'm redecorating and possibly when finished I might get a Dennerle scrapers tank to take its place finds permitting. Anyway a few update pictures
una7esev.jpg
u4ada3u2.jpg
emytu4es.jpg
apagure4.jpg
uta4yhe7.jpg
http://
img.tapatalk.com/d/
14/01/25/3yvamury.jpg

Cheers
Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back