• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Forsaken World (Final photo.. scape now ended)

Day 29 (2014.01.13)

Nothing special and all plants are growing very well...It seems that Lilaeopsis and Ranunculus are spreading very well. Mosses and Anubias are growing at their own pace. Pinnatifida have some really nice leafs. It's very beautiful! I think that will have a strong presence on this layout when it spreads thru the rocks.

20140113-day29-1.jpg

20140113-day29-2.jpg

Update from today (2013.01.15): Found some algae: :p Staghorn; found only two pieces of BBA
biggrin.png
; some rocks turning green (usual!); and the usual Diatoms.

Precautions: added a pump :)( unfortunatly due to Didiplis Diandra); added just a little bit of CO2; will see if i will do something different with fertilization (Tropica for now).

So nothing special with 4 weeks. Let's see the next 2 weeks.

Day 42

Some green stones (at the middle - more light) but all is well. I never cleaned the stones :rolleyes:
I raised CO2 one week ago and raised ferts today. Now with 25 ml Tropic fert (macros) and 22 ml (micros) (both 3 days/week).

Mosses are growing where they should grow. Riccardia is the slower :)

At the back i can't see Aquasoil anymore with the exception where Didiplis Diandra is. But i think that it liked more CO2 in the last week.
Lots of pearling (doesn't tell much but it's a good sign).

20140126-1.jpg

Right side:

20140126-2.jpg

20140126-3.jpg

20140126-4.jpg

Some details of the (green) stones:

20140126-5.jpg

20140126-6.jpg

Left side:

20140126-7.jpg

20140126-8.jpg

Thanks guys.

I think you should rename it 'The Lost World' Those cliffs of rock are stunning

In English "Forsaken" means more or less the same as "Lost" or "Forgotten", no? British people, some help :D

'The lost world' was a novel written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. It has also been made into film. If you haven't heard of it, it was about an expedition to a plateau in the Amazon basin where prehistoric animals still survived.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

You are correct Pedro, that is as defined in the English dictionary as abandoned or deserted.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Hi Pedro, this is stunning and when it grows in even more so.

I actually quite like the small patches of algae on the rocks as it gives it a very natural and aged feel. Great journal too. :thumbup:

Your rocks look amazing. Such an awesome texture to them. It's great to see a journal with such beautiful pictures and detailed updates.

Love your work!

'The lost world' was a novel written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. It has also been made into film. If you haven't heard of it, it was about an expedition to a plateau in the Amazon basin where prehistoric animals still survived.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Of course i know. And now I remember that someone in a portuguese forum also said something like that. Thanks :)

You are correct Pedro, that is as defined in the English dictionary as abandoned or deserted.

Hi Pedro, this is stunning and when it grows in even more so.
I actually quite like the small patches of algae on the rocks as it gives it a very natural and aged feel. Great journal too. :thumbup:

I agree, and it lends itself to the name/theme :)

Yes, it's gives an aged feeling, but it's a little too much for me :rolleyes:

Such a nice layout this has to be one of my favourites :clap: great job pedro :)

Your rocks look amazing. Such an awesome texture to them. It's great to see a journal with such beautiful pictures and detailed updates.
Love your work!

Thanks, it's nice to know :p

Pedro, what have you used as the background? Is it just window film?

Richard, on the previous scape i showed that on the following video - min ~5:45

(the same on the video for my previous 60l scape - Forest Shore).

Pedro.

Back