• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Reg Needle Valves

Hi All,

I need help understanding my CO2 Reg,

I thought I knew how valves worked, working for a water company and all, but this needle valve is baffling me.

I been attempting to find a nice flow rate of CO2 recently, and have been making adjustments day by day but I have found that with my needle valve, if I start to open it up you get a small flow, as you turn more and more nothing much seems to happen, however if you then turn back the way you came towards fully off, the regulator then lets out an uncontrolled gush of CO2 which blasts out of your diffuser. I fail to understand how opening the needle valve can do very little until you turn back in the off direction. This has led to me finding it impossible to set the CO2 at a good level.

Is this user error or do I need a new regulator?

In my experience difficult to control CO2 indicates a leak somewhere. Once I got mine sorted, had leaks from seals in one way valves, leaky bubble counters, leaky joints the lot. Some didn't leak when initially dunked in water, but when slight bending pressure was applied underwater, CO2 just fizzed out.

once sorted I now get about 100 days from 2kg FE into 180litres. Last 3 FEs have all lasted the same.

Hi Richard
I'm new to this C02 but your valve does not sound right. Mine is like a tap, the more you turn the more gas comes out. If I go back it closes.
Good luck

Which diffuser? And which reg?

I can't remember off the top of my head where my diffusers came from, I've three different manufacturers though.

ymebagez.jpg

dezute2u.jpg

How much pressure are you running? Maybe you need to increase it. 2.5 bar should be enough

Back