• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60P IWAGUMI Mountain Scape

Great success on the UKAPS Facebook page:

ukaps01.JPG

Congrats :)

Currently producing the RO water ready to fill her up! Most likely to be Monday, as I'm away at the weekend.

970k.jpg

:)

emyr - lookiing at your solution for RO. seems really simple, do you mind me asking what the system is? thinking of using RO on main tank and not just nano tank and don't want hassle of lugging 5/6 canisters about so thinking home method might work for me.

Great job done with co2 and nutrients, my tank has also 60 liters, my lights are exactly the same but I keep them at 35 cm above the water level... only now I realize that this is a lot of light! Well done!

Thanks for all the feedback and compliments everyone.

Must be nice to wake up to a nice mountain view every morning....priceless :)

Unfortunately the only days that I wake up and see it properly on is on Saturday and Sunday if I have a lie in because the lights don't come on until 10am. Its at the end of the day when I can appreciate it.

Lovely tank. In black out day you do fertilisation and carbo?

Enviado do meu GT-N7105 através de Tapatalk

No, blackout day is on Sunday which is also the rest day. No lighting and no liquid carbon. I do a 25-50% water change at the end of the day. Then it all starts up again on Monday.

Great success on the UKAPS Facebook page:

View attachment 561

Congrats :)

Yes, thanks! I was pretty chuffed to log on and see this, very exciting bit of exposure. There are some stunning tanks posted on the Facebook page and I'm honoured that mine is there alongside them.

emyr - lookiing at your solution for RO. seems really simple, do you mind me asking what the system is? thinking of using RO on main tank and not just nano tank and don't want hassle of lugging 5/6 canisters about so thinking home method might work for me.

I'v had quite a few private messages regarding the custom RO unit tap connector. For me an RO unit is an essential piece of kit and I would recommend one to any serious aquascaper. It allows you to control every perimeter which is great. In terms of the tap connector Its just a serious of hose fixings from a hardware shop. you've got a push on and screw rubber clamp that goes on the end of the tap, that goes into a female piece which is connected to a small length of garden hose which goes into another female piece turned the other way round. There are two pieces on the end which came with the RO unit - the hose adapter and the piece that screws onto the adapter that the small unit hose pushes into. You just need to go into a hardware store with the tap that you want to use in mind and the RO unit connector and have a play with some connectors. It did take me a while to figure this one out after first of all experimenting with the bath tap. Hope that helps.

Great job done with co2 and nutrients, my tank has also 60 liters, my lights are exactly the same but I keep them at 35 cm above the water level... only now I realize that this is a lot of light! Well done!

Thanks. I see it as a standard to high amount of light for this sized tank, 48 watts in a 60 litre isn't excessive. Its all about getting the balance right from the start and not fiddling to much, small adjustments accordingly. With this lighting unit it really has to be nice and low to complete the overall look of the cabinet, tank and light unit. If it was higher I think it would look a bit odd so I had to get it right. I wanted the tank to look like it was almost slotted into part of the cabinet, both units being painted the same colour.

The tank looks great!
Are you going to have fish in this scape?
What is the name of the RO unit you got?

Back