• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Toy

Dh
Very nice,i certainly regret never doing my bike test.I had an old Yamaha FS1E back when i was a lad but never took the test going into cars instead.Alot of my mates went on to bigger bikes and i now regret not going further :(

Cheers
Martin
Was that a fizzy Martin?:)

I like the old Ducati monster, don't know if they still do them? They went pretty to look at but I seen some cool custom fighters. Used to enjoy the custom work cutting and welding old moped fairings for street fighters. anyone still got a v max?

Beautiful smell. I always hankered after a Chesterfield rep Aprillia RS250, trouble was finding one that hadn't been killed to death!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a chesterfield rs125 - brand new in 1995- so new that the insurance guys didn't list it yet.

I wish I had the rs250 romboni replica. So few of them around now, prices have increased £1000 in 2 years

Thanks seeing that I'm now starting my third midlife crisis, never had a real bike:( well apart from a deristricted tzr 125 in my teens the ignition got used more than the bike by my mate's messing wanting to hear the electronics.:D I was put off bikes when I used to collect crashed bikes for the Customs paint shop I worked for.(born to be wild) lost count of how many r1 r6 cbr's I used to pick up from plastered up bikers:D

Luckily as I'm a bird on a bike I don't have to do anything stupid to prove myself ;) the way I see some guys riding sports bikes you know it's not going to end well sooner or later :(
When I was first getting into bikes RD'S were all the rage then a lot went on to the X-7's lol my first motorised 2 wheels was a Batavus moped :lol:

Rd's I remember plodding past my mate's on there rd50's on my first bike step through it was gold.:D we could never work out why one lads bike blew us all away. We later discovered his dad Had put a 100c lump in his 50cc fizzy frame. My Dad has a race tuned rd350lc now that was a crazy bike back then.:)

Rd's I remember plodding past my mate's on there rd50's on my first bike step through it was gold.:D we could never work out why one lads bike blew us all away. We later discovered his dad Had put a 100c lump in his 50cc fizzy frame. My Dad has a race tuned rd350lc now that was a crazy bike back then.:)

Now don't all get too exited you too Miranda when you see my first bike it was a bit of a beast with the De baffled custom pot black exhaust . It was my pride and joy cleaned with a tooth brush.
9ysutyge.jpg
pizza anyone?:D later traided up for a shaft drive four stroke yammy 70 step.

Well what can I say Kirk that beats my new toy into a cocked hat....I'll get my coat :D
Seriously though that is one clean machine,any particular brand of toothbrush you recommend? :lol: oh and I have seen one of those recently,considered a classic now.

Lol, we were inseparable, bit of suninn sprayed on my hair and it was the same colour:D just any old brush and autosol for the wheels:D

Dh
Was that a fizzy Martin?:)
Yes it was, paid £50 for it back in 1977 worth a fortune now. Mate of mine just bought a mint one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Takeit that was a lot of money then 77. The year star wars came out I think,and the year I was born 77.:D

Blimey Kirk you're 11 years younger than me and just starting your third mid life crisis,I must be a late developer :lol:
Haha, well the hairs going then struggling to keep the waist smaller than my chest,and I feel old. Especially in the colder weather. I bet it's awfull riding motorcycles in the dark on the roads now. Just been out on my push bike and lost count of the pot holes I've hit. I think Id go for a quad bike rather than a sports bike as I would be more likely to behave myself on the road with other road users. Don't think I'd be here now if I'd had a proper bike. A lot of the bikers I used to know are no longer with us or they have been reassembled with rods and pins. Witnessed too many deaths and the inquests put me off bikes still a big admirer. I can still picture myself with a long ginger beard the p pot helmet on a Tuttle style bike I wouldn't stretch to the tats tho I'm too much of a wuss.:D

The bike I had before my current ZX6R was a UK model Yam FZR400RR 4DX. Always loved the 400cc's as my 1st bike was an NC30 (for 5 years) and the FZR was great, if not a little narrow minded lol :D

It was an ultra clean bike (to you and me), but the chap who bought it from pulled it apart! I thought he was a bit extreme (and a tad unfair lol), anyway, when he got home he sent a picture of my old bike with its new buddies ;)

Bikes_zps1b483daf.jpg

The two bikes he parked this with, MV Agusta 750 SS & Honda RC30 will be £40/£50k worth of bike, he paid £1300 for my 400, and has since completely restored it so it looks completely new.

Always nice to know an ex bike has gone to a good home :)

Attachments

• Bikes_zps1b483daf.jpg
    Bikes_zps1b483daf.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 85
That's the reason I got an NC30 when I was 17. Tryed to kid myself it was an RC at the time, shame it didn't go like one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't go as fast as one but went round corners as quick as one! Chucked my NC into the scenery twice in the same day at Cadwell playing the 'I'm riding a baby RC30' game lol

This is the actual RC pictured above...

And my old FZR400 after he'd worked his magic!! :hungry:

Back