• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
This tank is ridiculous.

Even more so when you go back and read the first post.

' piles of rotting crap' indeed!

you teach mogwai to watch television!? ayah.

Like the new website Tom, will you be showcasing any aquatic photography on there ?

Cheers Tim. No plans to add aquaria stuff there, I think it's quite a different thing really.

Pretty much all the aquaria photography is for the sake of posting here (and sometimes Seriously Fish) anyway, so it pretty much reaches the people who will be most interested anyway.

Reactions: tim
Really some fabulous shots there! I love walking, just wish I was able to capture what I see!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Yeah it does a pretty good job but I still struggle sometimes getting perfectly straight sea horizons with wideangle shots that have distortion and also parallax errors. I'm not sure of that's user error or just a really big ask. Recently invested in some nodal rails though for single row panoramas so will see if that makes a difference.

Yeah that was my general approach but I find myself hitting the limits of what the software (at least with me at the controls) was able to do with wide angles with lots of foreground and significant parallax. I got a cheap rail, panoramic head and L bracket off eBay for under £100 so not a massive investment given I find myself shooting more and more panos. It all breaks down easily and is very lightweight, which suits the rest of my kit.

I was bumbling around, playing with tank dimensions , and I came to the conclusion of a 90 x 90 x 35 cm tank.

Anyway. My point is; do you ever desire more depth than 30 cm?

I was bumbling around, playing with tank dimensions , and I came to the conclusion of a 90 x 90 x 35 cm tank.

Anyway. My point is; do you ever desire more depth than 30 cm?

Yeah I do sometimes. If I was starting from scratch I'd probably go for 40-45cm - gives a bit more scope for different hardscape and planting options.

Back