• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do!aqua mini m high tech

It is very nice tank indeed. I am looking forward to see it developing in the future. May I ask few questions as I am planning to set up very small planted shrimp tank. Are you going to use any CO2 or fertilisers? Are you going to put some sort of heater in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is very nice tank indeed. I am looking forward to see it developing in the future. May I ask few questions as I am planning to set up very small planted shrimp tank. Are you going to use any CO2 or fertilisers? Are you going to put some sort of heater in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks uru :) I was planning on running it without co2 but I'm having second thoughts... Its very heavily planted and the light is pretty bright so I'm not sure if it will do that well. That said I have added a layer of sphagnum moss peat mixed with pond soil under the top substrate. This should in theory release carbon into water column. I have also added a bag of peat to the filter. If I need to I have a couple of disposable co2 sets and some easy carbo to hand.

Ferts initially will be about 1/10 ei unless I need to add co2 in that case I will go for full ei dosing

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

This already look great Ali! I like your hardscape and I think this will be a winner! I don't think this will be a low teck..... I have 13w over 16l of water and is doing well with 6.5h of light. Previous scape in the same tank- I had 20W with no problem...well apart of trimming too often ;) Can't wait for this to develop!

Thanks ant I hope I can maintain it I feel it is one of my most solid layouts to date :)

Plant list anywhere bud? ;) Interested to know what the instant carpet is :D

edit - got it, Pogo helferi lol

Water change last night and re looked at the flow and I'm not to happy with it..... I may well upgrade... Not sure to what though as I would like it to be in intrusive but as its on the work top in the kitchen I need something short.

Cheers Ian :) I will get the real camera out on it tomorrow.

I have added the top of a dennerle eckfilter as a little power head until I find a new filter with a bit mor oomph
a9avana2.jpg

Attachments

• a9avana2.jpg
    a9avana2.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 82
Nope I agree. It will take a lot of maintaining but I'm up for the challenge. Also I'm not too sure how well its going to do low-tech I've tried and failed before......

Wrong mini m Iian

well thats embarassing!! :oops:
sorry ali, was wanting to reply to this as well. Will be watching to see how this goes Ali, i havent tried pogo helferi low tech but was on the to do list. If you can get it growing and keep it in check size wise it will look great.
Eheim liberties are pretty tough to find now as they are discontinued but sure do work well with low techs, especially on kitchen counters, with the added option of emersed growth out of the top of them :)

I have had a look for a liberty in the past and have seen second hand go for over rrp on eBay... I do have a hob but its a noisy old thing....

Looking great ali plenty of plant mass in there to keep algae at bay and so many mini m jurnals all of a sudden everyone getting confused lol looks great anyway looking forward to more pics

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Back