• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Project DIY ADA Style Aquarium Stand

Is urs same height as mine James ? Must be ok for maintenance etc ?

Rob my one in kitchen was not straight lol had cardboard under back and still wonky lol

Thanks Dean

Well my current Roma is ok left to right but a bit out back to front lol, beauty of having big trim/hood around the top you can't see lol. Don't have that advantage with a rimless o_O

If you used his last set of plans Dean then the sides are 714mm which plus top and bottom will be 750mm all in, it's a decent height that mate :) same as mine.

I got my mdf cut yesterday and feel I should warn people that there is no guarantee that their stuff will be cut accurately. B&Q avoid trading standards coming after them for badly cut stuff by saying their service is only to cut material so people can fit it in their car. This was what the old boy told me who cut my stuff. He took some care and time over the measurements and cuts so hoping they are pretty close. Does give you lovely square edges.

I got my mdf cut yesterday and feel I should warn people that there is no guarantee that their stuff will be cut accurately. B&Q avoid trading standards coming after them for badly cut stuff by saying their service is only to cut material so people can fit it in their car. This was what the old boy told me who cut my stuff. He took some care and time over the measurements and cuts so hoping they are pretty close. Does give you lovely square edges.
This is what worries be about getting the wood cut at a diy.

Im the guy who ALWAYS GETS STIFFED

Mine was all within 1mm. I asked the question and reitterated that it had to be accurate. The guy at B&Q York told me that the machine was regularly checked and all the weekend 'projects' he had cut were within a mil tolerance.

For £20 material and cutting I can live with a mil!! :)

Yes, mine's exactly the same except it's got two doors. I think it's about the best height for maintenance and for viewing from the sofa.

I've never had a problem with cuts at my local B&Q. It's always the same guy that does it, he always does his best to get the most cuts out of a sheet and has gone over my workings out to make sure it's right before cutting. The one and only time he made a mistake he got a new sheet out to start again, so that he could correct it.

Maybe I'm just lucky in that he seems to take pride in the fact that he's good at his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked the question and reitterated that it had to be accurate
I did too which is why the guy told me b&qs policy although he would be as accurate as he could. It all looks pretty good although I haven't checked it yet.

It will always happen, there are those who care and those who don't :) You just need to get lucky (which shouldn't be the case, but is a fact of life).

The person I got was told to cut mine and was moaning as was bait time do most likely rushed but hopefully be fine

Thanks Dean

Helps if you stand there and watch like a hawk. I took my tape measure with me and was measuring the cuts as he reeled them off :D lol

Lol I like that rob will do next time, I left him to it as had the Bairn with me and walked round looking at paint etc

Thanks Dean

The person I got was told to cut mine and was moaning as was bait time do most likely rushed but hopefully be fine

Thanks Dean

What a joke. Can't stand people like that.

Back