• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nathaniel's Dry Start Mini-M

Hello guys,

I've decided to get a tank set up and get growing plants again after a lengthy time off.
The Dry start method is particularly useful for me at the moment, as I move house in approximately 3 weeks. This should give me some growing in time.

Haven't really had much sand substrate in a tank before so it's strange looking at it at the moment :lol:

Rundown:

Tank: ADA mini M (36x22x26cm)
Lighting: ADA Solar M (27w) - 14-16 hours DSM
Heating: 14w Heat mat to keep humidity up a little.
Filtration: None yet but Eheim Ecco

Hard scape: Manzanita wood & ADA Manten stone
Substrate: ADA Amazonia Powder & Unipac Maui sand (medium Grain size)
Plants list:

Microsorum Pteropus "needle"
Microsorum Pteropus "trident"
Staurogyne Repens
Eleocharis "Mini"
Hemianthus Callitrichoides "Cuba"
Fissidens Fontanus
Riccardia Chamedryfolia

Everything is pretty much in place except from the 'Yogurt mix Moss' which will be happening at the weekend at some point.

Anyway, here's a few iPhone Pics:

yryry9uz.jpg

ype4a6as.jpg

ge2ugyty.jpg

uhasude6.jpg

Everything looks a bit flat at the moment, but will hopefully look a lot better in a couple of weeks. The fissidens on the stones at the front look like splats, but they should be nice to shape when filled.

Thanks,
It's good to be back in action.

N

Attachments

• yryry9uz.jpg
    yryry9uz.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 300
  • ype4a6as.jpg
    ype4a6as.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 298
  • ge2ugyty.jpg
    ge2ugyty.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 179
  • uhasude6.jpg
    uhasude6.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 250
Looking great! Will look forward to the tank's development. What are you thinking in terms of livestock, shrimps again?
Hey Michael,
Thanks very much. Hopefully progress won't be too slow going..

As far as livestock, I've not really thought about it yet, but I'd really like some small rasbora or tetra, size permitting of course.

Looking good Nathaniel. Will be following this

Cheers mate, I'll try to keep updated!
:D

Looks like a great start Nath, I think you have the hard scape spot on for the tank too - will be looking forward to seeing this develop.

Looks great nat love the layout, nice wood and plants u going with co2 and ferts or liquid carbon ? Looking forward to watching this 3 mini ms at the minute lol love these little tanks, want one in future defo

Thanks Dean

Looks like a great start Nath, I think you have the hard scape spot on for the tank too - will be looking forward to seeing this develop.

Thank you buddy, I'm a fan of your work, so it's great to hear this!

I enjoyed your previous scapes Nathaniel and I'm sure this will be a winner too.

Thanks John,
I intend to be a little more active from now on in terms of aquascaping.

Looks great nat love the layout, nice wood and plants u going with co2 and ferts or liquid carbon ? Looking forward to watching this 3 mini ms at the minute lol love these little tanks, want one in future defo

Thanks Dean

Hey Dean,
Thanks for that pal.
I'll probably be going down the liquid carbon route all being well, in a month or so's time, with ferts.
Nice little tanks, yes.
Hard to sometimes get proportionate due to small size (anybody who makes smaller tanks look a lot bigger than they are, are very talented!

———

Thanks for your replies everyone. I wasn't expecting such positive feedback as quickly as this.

Cheers,
N

You have done just that it looks great. I don't think I managed it quite as well but I'm really enjoying the little tank

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

You have done just that it looks great. I don't think I managed it quite as well but I'm really enjoying the little tank

Thank you sir, kind words :)
I'll get over to your journal and see how your getting on when I get chance.

looking good. :) How long are you going to leave until filling tank with water?

Thanks Uru,
I'll definitely not be filling it before I move, so I expect to be between 4-6 weeks.

6 weeks of high humidity may get the wood nice and soggy

Back