• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Moss question - Tropica Fontinalis Sp. Willow

andyh

Hello

Quick question will this species of willow adhere under its right to wood?

i.e if i tie it on with fishing line etc.

Andy

Im finding the same. It does grow into massive clumps which look absolutley lush

Yes, it looks nice once it gets going, as you get a really light green constrats from the new growth. I have have to secure mine down since the scape has been going...that difficult to do underwater, so my only advice would be to ensure you have it well secured from the beginning.

Doesn't attach: you can kind of drape it over things and it tangles itself quite effectively like that, I had this growing lush for about a year and I agree it's colours and texture when young is gorgeous, of late it's just packed in and gone sort of dormant and dark. Wonder whether the heat over the summer caused problems, my tank water was at about 28 degrees for June, July and August....any ideas on recovery?

The "leaf-size" and general structure of this moss is bigger than most. Appearance should ideal be exactly like Ian describes; dark with light tips. I haven't had it anchoring itself to neither rock nor wood, either.
I have, tbough, had the same experience of it, not liking higher temp. as in 28-ish or over.
Mick.

I think I remember, on reading-up on this moss, that it does have the ability of anchoring.........so yoghurt-start may very well work !
- try it out, George ;) .........
Mick.

this last month or so my fontinalis has bounced back from nowhere...I think it definitely prefers the cooler water temps that winter allows, it was dormant for over 6 months and now beginning to look lovely again...anyone else seen this with this moss?

Back