• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

powerhead on a timer with co2

toadass

Hi guys
Just setting up a 240 litre, am planning on running a jbl e1500 and a koralia powerhead 1600 lph. I am looking to put the glass co2 diffuser under the powerhead which will also be below the outlet. Could I put the powerhead on a timer with the co2? Or should I have x10 rule running continously not just when distributing cO2?
Thanks Matt

I don't see why you would want to turn the powerhead off. It should run 24/7.

I don't see why you would want to turn the powerhead off. It should run 24/7.
Why should it run 24/7? As LG said basically to give the fish a break and the powerhead is hopefully going to be the main flow for distributing co2 around th tank. So if the co2 is only on for 8 hours do I need to run the powerhead 24/7. Thanks for your input guys. Be interested to know if there would be any difference in growth,health etc

Plants need CO2 and nutrients when the light is on, therefore if you have your filter working as normal then there is no need to have the powerhead on, made no difference to plant health/growth in my case.

Cheers Paulo, just the sory of confirmation good enough for me

Back