• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Arks 125ltr learning curve now fully planted...

Re: My first real planted tank - juwel rio 125 - Ark

deffo im tired of slow growth in crypts may even try a hc ccarpet as i have pressurized co2 and 2wpg i think i can do it

however i like the low maintenance and lack of pruning and hardly any algae

i removed the wood because it was covered in this white fluff and theres patches of algae on it. im thinkin wether to add different wood in or not or even some dragon stone

Ark said:
i removed the wood because it was covered in this white fluff and theres patches of algae on it. im thinkin wether to add different wood in or not or even some dragon stone

That is common in new set ups, it will go after a bit.

even tho i dont think the wood fitted with what i had in mind..

dragon stone was what made take the wood out because i was going to order 5kg of dragon stone and do an iawgumi style rock layout

my dennerle co2 arrived today after having been lost in the post and sent to the wrong address..
i will set it up later on an post some pics..
not much else has happened im still waiting on my plants from germany they plants i wanted were out of stock..

Ark

I have been busy at my brothers house all weekend because a fued between my mum and virgin media has caused them to cut off our broadband so i wont have internet for a few weeks..

since the last post dramatic changes have happened..

i got a bunch of free plants(cuttings actually) and ive had them in for about 5 or 6 days now

i recieved alot of hygrophila corymbosa and polysperma mainly from keith and i think ulster exile not sure
also got some heterantha zosterfolia, ludwigia arcuata ( which i doubt will survive because it needs high light ) echinodorus tennelus and a cryptocoryne undulata red

im waiting on some more tennelus for the foreground from garuf..

also during midweek all my harlequins died and im suspecing it was because i had just installed the co2 kit and i was slowly increasing the co2 levels and i didnt monitor it enough until it became to high and they couldnt handle it.
so now in this tank i have had 6 serpae tetras to suicide and accidently commited homocide towards 14 harlequin rasboras now iam not gettin anymore fish until the tank has grown in and i get a drop checker to monitor co2 levels..

here is some pics of the tank in it current state -

full tank shot -
DSC01808.jpg

ludwigia arcuata
DSC01814.jpg

hygophila stems that i removed the leaves - the leaves alone filled a sainsburys carrier bag full
DSC01813.jpg

Amoazon sword and crypt petchiin the right hand corner of the tank
DSC01816.jpg

Echinodorus tennelus and crypt petchii foreground yet to spread out \
DSC01815.jpg

for fish ill probably get some rainbow fish and definately not before christmas...\\

i need some aquascaping ideas as i think it looks a bit odd..

critism strongly advised..

Ark

agree with you Aaron im letting it fill in before i get fish..

and about the wood ill probably get some twigs and uses them sticking out from the corners ike the ones LD used in his shrimp tank but some thicker ones.

Back