• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New from SA

Duran

Seedling
Hi guys.
I have been hanging around ukaps for about 4 months and have learnt alot. Just abit scared me being in SA is a problem. So please tell me if it is:)
Have been keeping fish for about 2 years now and only started doing plants about 4 months ago. So still got alot to learn. I tryed a scape which I am enjoying but would love some helpful advice as the forums in SA just dont bother helping some of us new bees out:(
Tank is 148l (800x60x50)
Temp is 25
Ph is 7
Lights are 4x24watt t5
1x 6 500k
1x 10 000k
Then to blue tubes which will be changed in this week sometime to 8 500k
Substrate is flourite dark with root tabs
Co2 is running at 2b/s on a DIY inline diffuser

The plant list I am not sure on but I will try get it up later today or tomorrow.
My photos wont upload. Will get them up sometime soon.
Thanks guys:)

Hi guys.
So still got alot to learn. I tryed a scape which I am enjoying but would love some helpful advice as the forums in SA just dont bother helping some of us new bees out:(

lol, o_O

bud, most folk on SA forums are away at the moment.. so fun in the sun, as opposed to combating storms and snow up north :)

NTLC54D.jpg
wUv1VFA.jpg

MJYz4MQ.jpg

ok so that's the full tank shot. still got a lot of growing to do.

MR Trevor Pleco has helped me out on our local SA forum and will be out what he told me to do later on today..

the middle "path way" is hopefully soon to be a staurogyne repens capet..
then the far right I was thinking a ricca carpet which at the moment I am busy trying to grow..

NTLC54D.jpg
wUv1VFA.jpg

MJYz4MQ.jpg

ok so that's the full tank shot. still got a lot of growing to do.

MR Trevor Pleco has helped me out on our local SA forum and will be out what he told me to do later on today..

the middle "path way" is hopefully soon to be a staurogyne repens capet..
then the far right I was thinking a ricca carpet which at the moment I am busy trying to grow..

I did a water change and forgot to push the bar back..
for some reason I cant upload any more pictures.. is there something wrong?

DlKeA5J.jpg
Wi2ysWf.jpg
I did a water change and forgot to push the bar back..
time for a update. I took the staro out and replaced it with ricca..

Attachments

• DlKeA5J.jpg
    DlKeA5J.jpg
    518.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Wi2ysWf.jpg
    Wi2ysWf.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 58
planted glosso on the right but lost a batch as my co2 ran out.. so getting more hopefully this week sometime

Sorry bud.. How do I go about that? Mods move it? Or do i?

Thanks:) can someone please help me with my lighting. Is 2x24watt t5 tubes enough? Or would 4 tubes be better? Tank is 800x60x50

Hi Duran, that should be enough. More isnt always better. See how you get on with just the two 24 watts. If those photos are a result of only using 2 tubes then personally I would stick to that. If you have been using 4 tubes even though 2 are blue and not encountered algae problems etc then again stick at that.
Obviously you want to change the two rear blues to a nice 6500k tube but this would not then give you algae because youve changed light colour.
If your only using two though, and theyre both at the front, id consider running one bulb in thr front pair and one bulb on the back pair. Even light spread.

Lovely tank by the way

Thanks bud for the help. It's starting to come together. Adding more plant's soon. I only turned the 1 unit off 2 week's ago.. Plant's still growing. Im not getting pearling at all. Bit disappointed with that. But I will add the 1 unit and put the 1 tube in there and c what happens.

Adding more moss to the rocks on the left. Will c how that turns out.

Back