• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 bubble rate decreasing

chump54

Hi all...

Just installed pressurised co2... after about 4 hours the bubble rate decreases. the 'working' pressure dial seems to be dropping... is it normal and should i just increase the bubble rate so once it drops it'll be at the required rate? although that doesn't seem ideal.

it is a lunapet regulator, running off a lunapet bottle

many thanks

Chris

Hi,
Sounds like you've got a leak somewhere downstream of that gauge. Use the fairy liquid test to find it.

Cheers,

Do you have the solenoid? I have a Lunapet setup and that's where I had a problem. Just needed tightening up but I added some PTFE tape too and it's been fine since.

yes i do have a solenoid... how have you connected yours... I have used a short section of air/co2 line to connect to reg. might try connecting directly.

ceg4048... looked for leaks but found none. I'll give it another go later, had the kids 'helping' this morning. ;)

cheers

C

yes i do have a solenoid... how have you connected yours... I have used a short section of air/co2 line to connect to reg. might try connecting directly.
I don't think mine can fit directly to the regulator, although the kits they sell now look as though they do. MIne is connected like yours via some tubing.

I checked all the connectors for leaks but my leak was manifesting itself from the side of a metal plate attached to the solenoid body. It was simple enough to fix - took the connectors off, undid the hex nuts, bit of PTFE tape and made sure it was all nice and tight.

The Lunapet will attach directly to the regulator but the reason a lot of us do it inline instead of direct is there is a lowere chance of leaks than the direct route. It is possible to do though.

AC

Back