• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim skim350 fix - no more death trap

milanioom

Seedling
Hi!
After a year of learning, I'm finally in a position to contribute to this great forum.
Like many of you i too had a problem with a nasty surface film on my open tank so i went ahead and bought a aforementioned surface skimmer.The little thing works great but from time to time i found my self constantly fishing out smaller fish and shrimps.
So after some thought i came up with this easy DIY fix.
Only thing you'll need is to find some tube with similar diameter to the inside of a skimmer cap (it must be a tight fit). Cut the smaller openings with a knife and you're done.
Month of operation without a single living member trapped makes me a happy aquarist! :D

3tgPJbd.jpg

thanks for reading.

Attachments

• 3tgPJbd.jpg
    3tgPJbd.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 322
Nice idea , I've used a stainless steel mesh for mine but this would have been easier .... Nice one :)

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

Came up with this idea , it's not rocket science but thought I would share , probably has already been discussed ...

I've cut my sponge in half and I've wedged it in the top skimmer part by the bottom (the remove able part) , I've done this because I can now easily clean or swap out the sponge daily without getting my hands in the water .

Cheers

:dead: Mine turned into a real death trap! The plastic casing of the power cable split on my 350 right where it goes into the unit - under water! I wanted less equipment in the the tank anyway so I binned it but it could have been very dodgy, just a heads up.

Back