• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Soda Stream CO2

On the other post you said that one canister last for nearly 2 months, do you dose 24h/7 ? My tank is 70L, I dose only during the light period and I use reactor to dissolve co2 so max 2b per second.

On the other post you said that one canister last for nearly 2 months, do you dose 24h/7 ? My tank is 70L, I dose only during the light period and I use reactor to dissolve co2 so max 2b per second.

Ah! I knew there was something I missed..sorry:oops:

Mine work on a solenoid and the CO2 comes on 10.30 am lights come up slowly until full light at 12 noon. CO2 off at 7.30pm lights gradual off until dark at 8.30.

So my CO2 is on 10 hours a day at 3/4 bps via a bazooka ceramic diffuser.

Harry.

I dont know why but when I try to connect canister with regulator the gas is leaking, I attached adaptor to regulator first, then put the gasket on sodastream and when I screw canister into adaptror the gas starts to come out. The adaptor is from co2art.

I dont know why but when I try to connect canister with regulator the gas is leaking, I attached adaptor to regulator first, then put the gasket on sodastream and when I screw canister into adaptror the gas starts to come out. The adaptor is from co2art.
hand tighten , then another turn with spanner

When the gas starts to leak, go for it and turn the spanner all the way until tight and the leak stops. Once you get used to it you won't lose any gas. You have done everything in the correct order, it's just a matter of confidence as you fit it all to the bottle :)

Harry

It is pretty scarry, when I was thightening more the gas started to leak more and more causing white frost on the adapter. I found bigger gasket and I put inside the adpater plus the standard one on the canister. Managed to tighten without any gas leak and now is fine. No leaks and bubbling nice in reactor. Hope that additional gasket will be OK. Did you have any gasket inside the adaper?

I'm pretty sure there is no 'O' ring or gasket in the adaptor, it should nip down onto the 'O' ring in the cannister neck. Mine just fastened straight on with nothing more than a puff of Co2. Hope you didn't lose too much gas. If you have a seal it should be okay, I believe the seals for CO2 should be neoprene.

I would check it periodically by brushing over the adaptor with washing-up liqiud solution just to be sure.

Be careful not to lose the 'O' ring for the cannister, They cost £3.95 ea:eek:

Harry.

No luck , came back home yesterday and the canister was completely empty, additional gasket was not good idea :eek: . I exchanged for the new one today and going to try again. I hope it won't kill me ;)

So sorry to hear you are having this problem. It all sounds so bizarre and really you shouldn't have a problem.

It appears you are doing everything right but just to recap.

1) On the regulator, close the needle valve fully but don't over tighten.

2) Attach the adaptor to the regulator and make sure it's a nice tight fit.

3) Once confident the adaptor and Reg are coupled tightly together, place the rubber 'O' ring in the groove
on top of the canister. Check the 'O' ring and groove are clean and not damaged and that the 'O' ring
is sitting in the groove.

4) Now screw the adaptor / regulator assembly on to the canister until finger tight, then using a spanner firmly screw the assembly
to a lock tight fit. Gas may escape as the regulator engages but just keep screwing firmly on to the seal.
In future once this is mastered it is possible to attach the assembly with no more than a small puff of gas indicating the seal has been made.

From what you have said you are doing this so the above is listed to reassure you.

Do let's know how you get on. Good luck.

Harry

Nice explanation, harry.

The soda stream cannister can be screwed on fast- once your are confident with the ' whoosh' :)

So I tried again and complelty different story, this time I just heard a quick puff and thats it :) , With the previus canister I had constant leak, white frost appearing on the adapter etc...I don't know if I was not confident enough to tighten this up quickly but deffinitely it was much harder than this time. Many thanks Harry for your help.

So I tried again and complelty different story, this time I just heard a quick puff and thats it :) , With the previus canister I had constant leak, white frost appearing on the adapter etc...I don't know if I was not confident enough to tighten this up quickly but deffinitely it was much harder than this time. Many thanks Harry for your help.

Great news, now you did it once I'm sure you'll be up and running.:thumbup:

I'll look forward to hearing how you get on and how long you get from the bottle. Good luck,

Harry

Thanks for the notes above Harry, I have just got my hands on a Sodastream cylinder or two and a setup from co2art ... Not been brave enough to connect the cylinder to it all yet but will give it a go tonight. Thanks again

Thanks for the notes above Harry, I have just got my hands on a Sodastream cylinder or two and a setup from co2art ... Not been brave enough to connect the cylinder to it all yet but will give it a go tonight. Thanks again

Hi,
I just went today to get my spare exchanged again at Argos. £9.99 so I am all ready again once my current one expires. It's really easy when you have more than one canister.

If you follow the instruction above you'll be fine. Do it in exactly the order I have listed and if when making the final connection with the spanner you hear gas, just continue to tighten and the leak will stop. Then it's a good idea to wipe a bit of washing up liquid solution around the joints just to be sure there are no tiny leaks.

Do let us know how you get on.:thumbup:

Harry.

So I ran out of gas after nearly two months, not too bad, replaced for £7.49 in Argos and no problem with connecting bootle this time..

So I ran out of gas after nearly two months, not too bad, replaced for £7.49 in Argos and no problem with connecting bootle this time..

So glad you are doing okay with it, I was wondering how you had got on. Lucky to catch Argos at a time when they offer reductions, the last twice I had to pay £9.99:arghh:.
Still, it's not bad as I do get a fair amount of 'life' from a bottle and the plants are doing well.:thumbup: I always keep a spare full bottle too so that I don't have to panic once mine runs out.

Glad you mastered the art of changing over, I'm sure you won't have any more problems now. Good luck,

Harry

Back