• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Planted Discus Tank !!!!

looks like h/z to me
thanks for the xtra pics jeff.Everything looks so healthy!
I always thought h/z looked a bit spindly and fragile so i have never considered it before.Having seen it in your tank though you have changed my mind!.
many thanks
jason

Hi Jeff,lovely setup mate,just one question do you anything special to your water,regards john.

john starkey said:
Hi Jeff,lovely setup mate,just one question do you anything special to your water,regards john.
Hi John my water is a mix of RO and HMA water its about 70%RO-30% Hma gives me softish water at about 250ms as the discus that are in the tank are German Stendker fish that are raised in harder water !!!!!!

Nice tank and beautiful discus.
When you first got your discus did it eat properly?
How did you get it to eat?

hi, i love your tank and wonderfull plant growth. i just read you use a fx5, im wondering if i should get one and wanted to ask what you think of it.
atm im swaying more towards a tetra tec ex1200.

Hi Glenn FX5 is working well silent as a mouse and excellent power output in regards flow, you also have a lot of filter area ..... freind of mine has the tetra tec on test at the moment and reckons its a bit noisy !!!!!

Hey Jeff, gorgeous tank. Truely stunning! Quick question about the mercury lamps. I'm hopefully getting a couple of 125w MV pendants, and I'll need to get some new bulbs for them I think. What bulbs are you using with yours? (and where do you get them?! :lol:)

Again, absolutely jaw dropping tank mate :)

Great tank and nice discus!! Well done!!

I love Stendker's. Have two and should be getting two more soon.

Love the tank, is the key to keeping Discus in the planted tank to get them fully grown mature fish??
Thanks.
Sean

Back