• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Small and simple

Popped a little heater in today, ready to start planting tomorrow. I think this hard scape is my final. I keep coming back to it or something very similar.
Think I'll forego the wood for now but not discounting entirely.

Anyway ignore the bio balls. They are from my old tank along with some sera media which is in the filter.
Next time you see it there should be plants!

2ysu9avu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 2ysu9avu.jpg
    2ysu9avu.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 97
I like that layout looks good mate and would have persuaded you against wood for such a limited access tank but didnt see ur post like you say I think best thing to do is keep it simple and low maintenence mate

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I've started the planting process. So glad I'm keeping this pretty simple. The edge is lovely but my tweezers are a bit long for easy planting! Must get some smaller ones.

I've started off with the micranthemum and have left some spaces.
Front left and just in front of the right hand rock will be left bare.
The gorge between the middle and left will be planted but still can't decide. Probably pogo or staurogyne repens. Something with some body but not too much height.
The small black pebble is there just to block some flow from the Monte Carlo while it settles in.

I have some fertilizer tabs in the sand and I will be dosing liquid carbon and ferts directly as well. I'm using a syringe to measure. Got to be careful with such a small tank.

y3e7usem.jpg

Attachments

• y3e7usem.jpg
    y3e7usem.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 94
Gorgeous looking scape that and good luck with the micranthemum, I will be watching this one as I have just planted some Monte Carlo too and will be keen to see what you do with yours :)

Thanks Four50. It's not been long but I'm starting to see some growth now. A few leaves appearing here and there. I've been giving the lights a boost for three hours during the day, with and extra few watts of light.
Thanks Robert. I was happy with that scape. It's all gone to a new home now though.

I've just added some eleocharis mini. I want keep a kind of dune look but play with some texture and the hair grass seems like a good balance to the MC.
I was expecting it to be a pig to plant but wasn't so bad. I started with the smallest possible pieces but turns out slightly bigger tufts were easier.
7ybedesy.jpg

Attachments

• 7ybedesy.jpg
    7ybedesy.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 94
Small update. Thanks to using established filter media with bit of a boost from sera nitrovec the water seems great. It's a little high on ph for the CRS I'm planning but today I've added some catappa which should help. I've not used it before but heard and read good things.
Thinking of ways to some height at the rear along with giving some cover for the shrimp. I'm think flame moss that can mask the heater and filter too.
I'm open to suggestions though.

Final addition today are a couple of ramshorns. They are a first for me but I like them. These are red body blue shell. I'd like couple of the reverse too.
Anyway. Plants looking healthy so far. MC is settling in and not seeing any melting (yet).

I'll wait a couple more weeks before shrimp and hopefully the plants will have bedded in and spread out.

6amy3eme.jpg

Attachments

• 6amy3eme.jpg
    6amy3eme.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: tim
I have kept CRS in neutral water. It won't kill they where active them but they did breed very slowly :)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Time for a quick update before I head off to Texas for a week.
Steady plant growth and all looking healthy. Not as fast as previous tanks but it's to be expected as lower lights and no co2 injection.
I have some flame moss and shrimp on order. Will be added once I'm back.

de6e4upy.jpg

Attachments

• de6e4upy.jpg
    de6e4upy.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 90
Back