• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

FX6

jellyfish6

Anyone know how far you can extend the inlet under the water line? All the shots I see of the in-let seem quite shallow.

I want the inlet as low as possible for CO2 injection.

Any other comments from those who have a FX6 greatly appreciated.

i don't think its much different to an fx5, or works any different to other canister filter. you should be OK to put it low in the tank as long as the canister is blow the water level by a couple of 100 millimeters.

and what about the out let....is it the same?

do you mean the filter out let. you can have it low in the tank, but you need to think about water flow. if your running an fx6 you must have a large tank, so a spray bar might suit you. how are you dissolving the co2?

co2 is via an in line on one of two Tetra tecs. I don't use a spray bar on the co2 filter out let (into the tank). Currently I have 2x 1200 tetra tecs but I need a bit more flow.

just out of curiosity are you adding the fx6 to the tetra tecs, or replacing them. As long as you don't have loads of surface movement you wont need the filter return to the tank that low in the tank. but high or low wont effect the operation of the filter.

I'll be replacing one of the Tecs and if possible removing the Koralia as it's rather old/large and a bit unsightly. I'm assuming that I'll need a new in-line as well? From what I've read the pipework is a few mm wider.

I'm not sure on the sizes of the pipes. i know the fx5 is a good filter so you should be really happy with the fx6.

I'll be replacing one of the Tecs and if possible removing the Koralia as it's rather old/large and a bit unsightly. I'm assuming that I'll need a new in-line as well? From what I've read the pipework is a few mm wider.
Yup. 24mm internal piping

Back