• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Project DIY ADA Style Aquarium Stand

I still not decided what holes to cut either the moon shape at the top or 2 tubular ones each side what u doing mate ?

I didn't trust myself to cut nice smooth curved holes so going with desk grommets Deano, probabably choose some rectangular ones from the link I posted above for the sides and circular ones in the back. They're pence/a couple of pounds each so not so much :)

Also forgot to say sanded down totally flat yesterday and the dust got everywhere in kitchen and sitting room lol covered in 1cm dust lol seems to be all over again but hopefully finished with the main sanding, got on my chest as never wore a mask aswel but better now lol

Thanks Dean

:eek: Kin ell mate, you do know how bad MDF dust is for you don't you? I'd get that all cleaned up asap and ALWAYS wear a mask when sanding... !!

Connecting a vacuum cleaner to the little electric sanders makes the world of difference as well, if possible.

kin'ell indeed. Health & Safety Executive website:

"Under current legislation softwood dust, hardwood dust and formaldehyde are considered to be hazardous to health. Both softwood and hardwood dusts are known to be respiratory sensitisers and may cause asthma and other respiratory problems. Hardwood dust can also cause a rare form of nasal cancer.
Formaldehyde is classified in the UK, and in the European Union as a carcinogen and it carries the hazard statement ‘suspected of causing cancer’."
:sick: Always wear a face mask :dead:

kin'ell indeed. Health & Safety Executive website:

"Under current legislation softwood dust, hardwood dust and formaldehyde are considered to be hazardous to health. Both softwood and hardwood dusts are known to be respiratory sensitisers and may cause asthma and other respiratory problems. Hardwood dust can also cause a rare form of nasal cancer.
Formaldehyde is classified in the UK, and in the European Union as a carcinogen and it carries the hazard statement ‘suspected of causing cancer’."
:sick: Always wear a face mask :dead:

And it makes you wonder why some washing up liquids contain formaldehyde if so

Ill breath deeply and hope to pass out when it's my turn to do the dishes ;)

Or is that how Fairy makes your hands soft? By preserving them?

Ill breath deeply and hope to pass out when it's my turn to do the dishes ;)

Or is that how Fairy makes your hands soft? By preserving them?

Nope, that's the narcotic psychedelic substances that make you think they're soft. But in reality, there as rough as sandpaper.

Wow lol ok guys mask it is, used p40 sand paper didn't take long to get it sanded but hopefully just light sands in-between coats not like doing it ever day, is that what the black bit is for with the mouse rob to connect Hoover ? Sounds good if that is correct

Thanks Dean

By the way amazed at how this thing looks the door had bowed slightly even though been on flat table but looks fine
e4etadas.jpg

Filling

ypynuhu2.jpg

Block for sanding an the ronseal filler sands down very easy it's brilliant

e9une2eb.jpg

asa4ujyr.jpg

Cannot feel any edges

u3e6u7er.jpg

Thanks for all help going to cut 2 holes each side for Lilly pipes and one on back for wires and get a coat of primer on, have 2 days until back at work for 4 and want to get just about done had tank couple month now but was decorating house etc

Thanks Dean

Attachments

• e4etadas.jpg
    e4etadas.jpg
    931.4 KB · Views: 132
  • ypynuhu2.jpg
    ypynuhu2.jpg
    871.6 KB · Views: 133
  • e9une2eb.jpg
    e9une2eb.jpg
    691.2 KB · Views: 135
  • asa4ujyr.jpg
    asa4ujyr.jpg
    639.3 KB · Views: 130
  • u3e6u7er.jpg
    u3e6u7er.jpg
    769 KB · Views: 149
Holes now cut in sides and 2 coats primer had a quick sand in between, one more coat on outside as running out so get that on tonight

ry8adyme.jpg

Bairn watching me lol

Also checked for leaks today and seems fine
uhasy5un.jpg

Thanks Dean

Attachments

• ry8adyme.jpg
    ry8adyme.jpg
    896 KB · Views: 128
  • uhasy5un.jpg
    uhasy5un.jpg
    701 KB · Views: 128
Very nice Rob as said lovely colour managed to get primer on mine and quick dry gloss white inside as had lying around so 2 coats of that inside should do or maybe 3 if can be bothered

u3avyqa9.jpg

Also could have sanded better an longer in places like on the back but don't currently have the time to be on for hours so will do the job it's white so isn't absorbing into the Mdf you think will be ok ?

4y4ude3a.jpg

Thanks Dean

Attachments

• 4y4ude3a.jpg
    4y4ude3a.jpg
    696.6 KB · Views: 131
  • u3avyqa9.jpg
    u3avyqa9.jpg
    757.7 KB · Views: 144
Back