• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Project DIY ADA Style Aquarium Stand

I'd be tempted to fill those where they are visible sand flat with a fairly fine sandpaper and start putting the colour on
The emulsion will go straight onto the filler and be fine

This Deano, for the time it will take you ;)

Clean and water change Mini M - check
Swap over co2 diffusers on Roma - check
Splash some paint on my cabinet build...

fqOCQSo.jpg

Check :)

Never bloody ends does it?! lol

It's looking awesome mate. I really like the colour too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• fqOCQSo.jpg
    fqOCQSo.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 203
Put first coat of urban grey on, going to do 3 coats then 2-3 satin varnish forgot to ask you rob are u doing gloss or matt finish ?

Here's cabinet with 1 coat
2asatepa.jpg

Thanks Dean

Attachments

• 2asatepa.jpg
    2asatepa.jpg
    803.1 KB · Views: 1,101
Yeah Rob, stands looking exceptional x

Massively sorry for the 'x'..

Must have been on a texting spree at the time :facepalm:

Nice one dean!
All this cabinet talk is making me want to show mine. But I mustn't till I'm done :eek:

get it show man lol I always do that when texing mates etc by mistake after texting my lass minutes before lol

Looks great Deano, you must be pleased :)

My paint is satinwood, haven't touched it since that last pic!

Will it be ok to put satin gloss over my matt emulsion ? Want mine done this week as want to try scapes out etc

Thanks Dean

Will it be ok to put satin gloss over my matt emulsion ? Want mine done this week as want to try scapes out etc

I put my first coat of satinwood straight onto the watered down emulsion base (2 coats). It's dried patchy, but a) it gets cold in the conservatory (hence why i'm kinda waiting for it to be warmer before i put the 2nd coat on) and b) it's a first coat so i'm not that concerned (yet) ;)

You think putting satin varnish ontop of emulsion will be ok then ? It's wood varnish but should work I imagine lol

Thanks Dean

You think putting satin varnish ontop of emulsion will be ok then ? It's wood varnish but should work I imagine lol

Thanks Dean

Dunno mate. Let me get this right, your urban grey paint is matt emulsion right?

I've only varnished over emulsion once before and that was some mdf shelves we had made. I used Ronseal quick drying varnish (clear) and it was fine. I'll be painting the inside of my cabinet some gairy colour in emulsion and using the same stuff on top of that. Try some on the back panel first mate ;) that should tell you how it will look!

Yeah only had the colour I wanted in matt otherwise would have got gods or satin lol yeah will try but should be fine I imagine want a slight shine but not too much lol

Thanks Dean

Yeah only had the colour I wanted in matt otherwise would have got gods or satin lol

Deano, lol, if anything like my B&Q it's all mixed for you so you can have whatever colour you like from the Dulux catalogue in any finish they do it in :D

Yours looks great though mate, really does ;)

Didn't relise they could change the finish from matt to satin oh well will know for next time just thought they mixed colours my bad

Thanks Dean

well got 3rd coat of varnish on :D finally, didn't sand in-between or anything but happy enough with the finish, not gloss but nice and slightly shiny and put water on a bit before and just lay there lol my kitchen floor isn't straight and level is there anything I can use to level the stand out ? hoping to try some scapes out next week

thanks dean

Back