• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Robert´s 55x28x35 3 weeks and running !!

Well, today I´m starting my fist complete journal.

The tank is 55L x 28W x 35H, is somethig similar to an ADA 60P but a bit differet because I´m goin to place it on the top of a drawer... and the exact meassures of the drawer are those.

Here´s a model of the aquarium´s hardscape... i allways do a model because i´m affraid of cracking the glass with the stones :D

53s5.jpg

I was not sure about the look of the hardscape, then I added some anubias to conceal the driftwoods and this is the look.

sv73.jpg

I have some ideas of the planting.. but I´m not really sure yet. I´m using plants that I already have. Here´s a sketch ok the planting, the yellow dot is a cryptpcoryne bronze but.. I´m not sure with it, It maight be too much?? too big??

view from above:
0jze.jpg

view from the front:
g3g9.jpg

The sketches aren´t good but... please use your imagination :D

All comments or suggestions are welcomed !

Attachments

• 53s5.jpg
    53s5.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 91
  • sv73.jpg
    sv73.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 0jze.jpg
    0jze.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 78
  • g3g9.jpg
    g3g9.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 62
I think this will look great mate.. Get it planted :)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

for substrate i´m using dirt mixed with very small lava stones... 1 or 2mm in diameter, I have been using this method for 2 years now and I´m really happy with it.. for the front part I´m using yust fine white gravel or sand.

Maybe I´ll chane yust a bit the hardscape because yesterday I find another piece or dritwood in my "Things of aquascape I´ll use in the future" and it has a more pointed end that the one on the left.

Hi.

Today I planted the tank... and with no more words to the pics.

the tank, ready for been scaped.
vwin.jpg

Ussualy I mix soil and gravel for the substrate, but this time I made it in layers.... just as an experiment.
the soil:
ooxc.jpg

The substrate finished
vbal.jpg

A view from the left side
ht7i.jpg

The hardscape: as you can se is very simple... just 4 driftwood pieces
lwfi.jpg

Then, I atatched moss to the driftwood
8zuz.jpg

Plants ready !
6vhr.jpg
8l6h.jpg

Anubias and moss in stones, placed
oeh6.jpg

background plants, planted. and ready for the flood
il2v.jpg

I filled it realy slowly, but it worth it.
Just after filled
uiph.jpg
s31r.jpg

Now the most difficult thing... to wait, I´ll follow tropica's start guide.

cheers
Robert

Great start, will look forward to more updates.

Robert ,..this is beautiful. Are you planning on having any filtration in this tank ? Are you planning on running this this low tech or are you going to use co2? As mentioned earlier ,...truly looking forward to more pics & updates. Nice one :)

Thanks everyboby ! :D

Balancing desklights is becoming a trend i see:cool:

The desklight was just for planting, I have already chage it for a 23w compact fluorescent. But.. maybe I'll change it once again for a more acording lamp.. I'm thinking in a desklight with a pin.

Robert ,..this is beautiful. Are you planning on having any filtration in this tank ? Are you planning on running this this low tech or are you going to use co2? As mentioned earlier ,...truly looking forward to more pics & updates. Nice one :)

Thanks, Yes I'm planning to DIY a canister filter cause I've never got one before and I want to experiment with external filters, now it's just running with a power head with a sponch and some carbon (the soil is releasing a lot of tanins). About the CO2, I'm a CO2 addicted, once you try it you cannot leave it! I'm adding 1bps via dymax CO2 diffuser.

Here's a one week update pic. Plants are growing nicely... the moss is growing like crazy !! I begin to see a little bit of brown algae, specially on the golden anubias but tomorrow 10+ RCS will be added !! and "hasta la vista, baby" :twisted: :lol:

gbr4.jpg

Robert H.

It has change a lot, since the last update, here some photos.

2 weeks old
IMG_00000085_zps1e6885cd.jpg

3 weeks old
IMG_7234_zps717e2101.jpg

Ludwigia is growing really big, with the internode space to long, I gues that's because of the poor light, but my leds haven't arrived yet :mad:

Robert H.

Last edited:
Back