• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dan and Andy's crypt

upebuqyb.jpg

matenege.jpg

9ajuqyde.jpg

uma9uqaq.jpg

dudy3y9e.jpg

A few update pics following a 30% water change and a little tidying the flame moss Taiwan moss and spiky moss all growing well the Christmas moss a little more slowly but pleased with overall progress

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2ygudy4u.jpg

ahymymus.jpg

bymaga2e.jpg

A bit of a tidy up and trim water change and the addition of a yo yo loach hopefully not to destructive with the moss and help keep my snail population down my garage has been busy and combined with the festive period the poor tank has suffered from a little neglect however considering this everything seems healthy and no fish loss so reasonably happy new co2 system going together over the coming weeks and get it back on co2 and maybe increase the light currently running a shade on one tube !

You may notice the small clump of hc as gone from the bottom of the right hand side the addition of 3 Cory's from big clowns tank took care of it constantly digging it up so thinking of something to carpet that corner that's Cory proof suggestions welcome

gyzudaza.jpg

jave9eqy.jpg

A piece of bogwood removed was never happy with it and some more grey sand to give me more planting depth plus the addition of a pot of Lilaeopsis more plants coming soon

Things got a little drastic this weekend I've never been overly happy with this tank loved it at first but lost interest fast the mosses weren't the success I hoped looking dirty most of time and constantly breaking off and bunging my filter strainers also the large piece of wood made planting and maintenance difficult would be suited to a much bigger tank.
So I bought a 60 litre tank another external filter heater etc etc tipped some ordinary gravel in a few pebbles and a piece of dragon rock left over from the 180 the most basic tank in the house but a home for my fish a few neons Cory's red tail shark the five bands Andy bought me last year have been moved into the 180 and look fantastic in there maybe another 10 will have to go in soon.
Anyway with the 125 now devoid of fish I pulled out the wood and plants time to get Andy over as this was getting serious.
Mixed up the substrate with another bucket of john Innes rearranged the stone work and capped it with grey sand.
Onto the plants the crypts I had in this tank have done great and by far my favourite in this tank they have sent out runners and small plants all of which have been separated and replanted I could not believe the length of the roots on these some easily over 12 inches in length hoping these will continue to to spread ther a great plant
In the back right I replanted some of the greener healthier looking stems Andy will have to help me here with there names front right I've replanted some glosso and thinking of a carpet of some sort in the near future preferably low tech
Back left corner has been replanted with a little pink reiki but already falling out with this so can see that getting the axe soon maybe some different variety of crypts to fill that area.
Kept some wood but this is floating at the minute hope it soon sinks so I can position it we have tied a little fissedens moss to this in places so will see what happens.
Overall I'm much happier with the layout much more room and easier access for planting so can see lots if tinkering going on in this tank happy days

apyzedeh.jpg

runanaja.jpg

vy9ytyse.jpg

uvuhypy3.jpg

2epygyjy.jpg

e7u4a2ev.jpg

meze5u2u.jpg

peny4e7y.jpg

Attachments

• apyzedeh.jpg
    apyzedeh.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 93
  • runanaja.jpg
    runanaja.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 76
  • vy9ytyse.jpg
    vy9ytyse.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 80
  • uvuhypy3.jpg
    uvuhypy3.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 2epygyjy.jpg
    2epygyjy.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 66
  • meze5u2u.jpg
    meze5u2u.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 82
  • e7u4a2ev.jpg
    e7u4a2ev.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 66
  • peny4e7y.jpg
    peny4e7y.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 73
The tanks looking good just ordered some more crypts hopefully be here this weekend think I'm going to pull the pink reiki out of the back left corner I just don't like it planted some trimmed microphelia from in 180 in the back left corner so far I'm happy with this going to start adding co2 this weekend when I have time just going to use a bell type diffuser for now that I can fill off my large bottle running the 180 not going to try and run two from same reg as it was very tricky getting them both balanced last time I tried updat pics to follow this weekend

A bit more tinkering today some more grey sand was a little thin in places a few more plants another crypt beckettii Petchii a couple Echindorus reni planted either side front corners some vallis planted to grow threw the wood and a couple of bunches missing there names so not sure will have to have a look online to identify them.
I have raised the light unit on some home made brackets was running it on the supplied brackets with one tube shaded now the lights higher I've removed the shade
I've also tied the wood to some stone was getting impatient waiting for it to sink next week hoping to get some more of the foreground filled in but still debating what to use ? just have to see how things progress from here
A few update pictures 1 week since the rearrangement
u4ujypuj.jpg

egejasem.jpg

y7y8a8um.jpg

e9a6y7ez.jpg

besequqy.jpg

The waters still a little murky from planting in these pictures

Attachments

• u4ujypuj.jpg
    u4ujypuj.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 73
  • egejasem.jpg
    egejasem.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 77
  • y7y8a8um.jpg
    y7y8a8um.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 85
  • e9a6y7ez.jpg
    e9a6y7ez.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 69
  • besequqy.jpg
    besequqy.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 73
ebavahus.jpg

Water is clearing slowly

ahesamat.jpg

One if the stems I'm not sure of the name centre picture behind the wood

3epatavy.jpg

And the other stem in the back corner also missing its tag any recognise them please let me know

Attachments

• ebavahus.jpg
    ebavahus.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 68
  • ahesamat.jpg
    ahesamat.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 3epatavy.jpg
    3epatavy.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 78
2ehu6anu.jpg

A few of the plants used in this tank

And a few update pictures including some new additions today
ve9e5a7y.jpg

9ypyqata.jpg

7e4e7ehy.jpg

syheguvu.jpg

aqeju9e5.jpg

Pressurised co2 back on this tank using a disposable co2 mig welding bottle and still dosing with liquid carbon 6ml per day reasonably happy with the plants in here now looking forward to them filling out

Attachments

• 2ehu6anu.jpg
    2ehu6anu.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 60
  • ve9e5a7y.jpg
    ve9e5a7y.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 7e4e7ehy.jpg
    7e4e7ehy.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 9ypyqata.jpg
    9ypyqata.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 84
  • aqeju9e5.jpg
    aqeju9e5.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 75
  • syheguvu.jpg
    syheguvu.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 74
gepu5ysy.jpg

ynu7y7y8.jpg

ehu7usuv.jpg

ytenenuq.jpg

vydu4yny.jpg

visited Calder valley aquatics today ended up buying some more plants and had to take some pictures of one of there planted tanks of which there a few this one being my favourite

Attachments

• gepu5ysy.jpg
    gepu5ysy.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 76
  • ynu7y7y8.jpg
    ynu7y7y8.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 77
  • ehu7usuv.jpg
    ehu7usuv.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 75
  • ytenenuq.jpg
    ytenenuq.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 70
  • vydu4yny.jpg
    vydu4yny.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 79
Off there tomorrow they have a lot if new plants in might treat the 180 to something lose that reiki and thin hc from sides it's lifting near the spray bar left corner however think shortening light back has been effective the hc is bright green again very little algae in there now it does need a trim though !!!

Twenty days in and a pot of Ranunculus inundatus added today been dosing 6mm tnc carbon daily plus pressurised co2 via a diffuser under the spray bar waiting on a new powerhead should be here this week then I'll be adding a full length spray bar across the front of the tank with the co2 added via the powerhead this worked great on the 180 back when we first started playing with co2 last year sometimes the simpler things work best
yzatyqe9.jpg

2y3u7y5a.jpg

yge8a2yr.jpg

qebusu7u.jpg

u8yhunum.jpg

Attachments

• yzatyqe9.jpg
    yzatyqe9.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 2y3u7y5a.jpg
    2y3u7y5a.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 75
  • yge8a2yr.jpg
    yge8a2yr.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 80
  • qebusu7u.jpg
    qebusu7u.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 66
  • u8yhunum.jpg
    u8yhunum.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 66
Finally a few pics of tanks at Calder valley been again today

pe7u6yqu.jpg

eparegu2.jpg

da6utapy.jpg

Attachments

• pe7u6yqu.jpg
    pe7u6yqu.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 52
  • eparegu2.jpg
    eparegu2.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 55
  • da6utapy.jpg
    da6utapy.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 70
zy9aneny.jpg

6ehajasa.jpg

zetupa5u.jpg

Been experimenting this evening bought a 800 litre a hour powerhead and fitted it with one of my home made spray bars then took the co2 diffuser and placed it under the intake the results are great I'm getting co2 evenly across the whole tank so much so I've dropped the light back down onto its original brackets see how it fairs the rest of the week if successful I will be taking off one of the external fluval filters as there problematic with leaks every time I touch them giving me only one fluval external to cause me grief

Attachments

• zy9aneny.jpg
    zy9aneny.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 62
  • zetupa5u.jpg
    zetupa5u.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 6ehajasa.jpg
    6ehajasa.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 55
Back