• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi no Yama

Hi, The mould Could be down too lack of air circulation in the tank ,You should always leave a gap so air can flow in.And mist spray with water with a drip of ferts in once or twice a day :) Ho and clean the moisture of the glass every couple of days or the substrate could become too wet. Better just moist than too damp ;)

Thanks, the lack of air inside the setup well may have been the reasons for the mould.

Did you have a heat mat under the tank
My monte carlo is growing really slow DSM and theres a little bit of melt too. I'm wondering if a heat mat will speed things up

I didn't heat the tank initially, heat was provided by the internal sump which ran at 30c - humidity was too much, lack of air flow resulted in mould.

Think I'm going to skip the DSM with the Monte Carlo and go flooded as soon as I've planted and pump in a ton of co2 ;)

And here we go again...

ve2ypehe.jpg

Attachments

• ve2ypehe.jpg
    ve2ypehe.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 69
Happy to report that Hi no Yama is now flooded, filters running, co2 checked and now I just need to set the timers.

Going to blast the tank with large amounts of co2 for the next few days to give the Monte Carlo the best possible transition to immersed life. I only had a few floaters when filling but they have been replanted.

I will grab the wife's camera to document the tank from here on out but here's the last snap shot til then.

ete5aba6.jpg

Attachments

• ete5aba6.jpg
    ete5aba6.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 64
Yellow.....it is the only way :)

Not much to report on this. Just being doing large daily water changes, 50-60% at the moment. Problem is my first water change created a slight 'mud' situation. Last night saw me do a 80% water change to help clear things up.

With the back chambers I'm looking at using this area to grow some plants that like to extend above the waterline - does anybody have any recommendations? Thinking of a nice bit of wood with some form of moss maybe. Open to suggestions on this too.

Back