• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I don't know how you get something so perfect rip things out and start over... Amazing

Mainly it's laziness I think. I rarely ever do any trimming and find that things tend to peak and then get overgrown to the point that some plants get completely overshadowed and everything starts looking a bit tatty. Then it's just as easy to do a major overhaul rather than fix it.

Everything's still quite hazy, but you may be able to spot one or two new crypts -

em530084_edit_by_hairytoes-d77q76m.jpg

Let the melt begin!

How is your peacock goby liking his redecorated pad?

He's just a really miserable sod all the time. He seemed to enjoy chasing shrimp in the planting confusion though, normally he's too slow to catch them.

Haha! I saw some Peacock Gobys at MA Hickstead. Really fancy one. I'll wait until my £3 125l Jewel tank is cycled though :)

Perfect mate. Nothing better than a shallow crypt bucket.
Love this version the most.
I was only saying to the guy the other day who they came from that I hope they get used in a crypt specific set up and youve done just that.

Yeah seemed best to let them be the focus. Apart from the carpet, a little trident fern on the rocks at the back and 3 Cyperus helferi there's nothing but crypts now.

That's stunning Tom, truly. The open space is a great change too.

Have you considered a big bunch of C. balansae or a Laeganandra there between the two sticks at about the optical focus point on the left? Personally, I'd be hard pressed not to put an A. madagascariensis or N. zhenkeri in that spot.

That's stunning Tom, truly. The open space is a great change too.

Have you considered a big bunch of C. balansae or a Laeganandra there between the two sticks at about the optical focus point on the left? Personally, I'd be hard pressed not to put an A. madagascariensis or N. zhenkeri in that spot.

Cheers Phil and thanks for the suggestions. I'm putting off thinking about possible focal plants until things have settled down and the inevitable melt is out of the way. There'll probably be some tweaking as things take shape.

It is nice to have things a little more open after the two previously mega-overgrown scapes.

He's just a really miserable sod all the time. He seemed to enjoy chasing shrimp in the planting confusion though, normally he's too slow to catch them.
Tis the nature of the peacock - 1 male and 2 lady friends and he was still grumpy as hell - its that face I think they just look thoroughly fed up lol

Adam

Sent from a 486DX...

Love the disclaimer, love the bucket of mud too tom. You must get some pretty cool shadows from the emersed on the wall.:) enjoying the read and the pics ta.

Back