• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CRS new tank

Hi Nick, shrimps look nice in your tank !! any questions feel free to ask.

Thank you,

Nik

Last edited by a moderator:
on a side note, what foods/supplements do people use for keeping their CRS happy/healthy and full of colour. (i know alot of it is down to water parameters)

cheers

Hi nick

If the shrimp is that lower quality with an almost transparent body, then non of the foods are going to bring out its colour and make it nice and white unfortunately

Your new ones look far better. To help brighten the white you could use genchem white, also I use the tantora mulberry food and mulberry leaves and ebita breed. Mainly my shrimp are left to graze on leaf litter in the tank and once a week I give one of the above foods.

Last edited:
hi mate,

how much leaf litter do you have in the tank?
i have 4 oak leaves, a banana leaf and a small catappa leaf along with 5 alder cones. in a 21x21x21 cube im not sure if i should add more?

hi mate,

how much leaf litter do you have in the tank?
i have 4 oak leaves, a banana leaf and a small catappa leaf along with 5 alder cones. in a 21x21x21 cube im not sure if i should add more?

Hi mate. Is that 21cm??? If so that's more than enough. They do go mental for mulberry leaves though. I have a few packs spare if you want one for postage cost.

Shame the sponsor forum couldn't do the right thing & refund you for those rubbish shrimp
But the good thing is you found an honest seller with quality shrimp to sell you know where to go for your next shrimp & which sponsor to avoid

Hi mate. Is that 21cm??? If so that's more than enough. They do go mental for mulberry leaves though. I have a few packs spare if you want one for postage cost.
no mate inches.
never heard of those before, il do some research on them and get back to you!

cheers
I agree with Alastair they really love Mullberry,in my main tank where i have just Amano shrimp it is incredible they rip it to bits like piranha!

hi all, havent updated in a while, tank is fully established and plants are growing slowly (perfect for my lifestyle) and are super low maintainence.
i now have a load of baby CRS (my first ever) which are only a few days old.
i know this is the critical stage and i have added plenty of mulberry and nettle leaves as well as supplementing with a powder food to help.
they look a real mix bag of grades despite SSS parents. (as you would expect) so i will be looking to pass on some of the lower grades if they survive...

cheers!

seems i done really well and have had a massive survival rate, theres hundreds of the little ones now and theyre getting to a fair size. would say another two months and they are ready for sale.

in terms of picking leaves, should i wait until the autumn to pick leaves when theyve 'dried up' a little bit, or can i pick them whenever and dry them out myself?

im talking about leaves like, ash, beech, plum

i have a HUGE abundance of wild nettles which the public/animals do not have access to and due to my countryside location theyre very clean from pollution :)

seems i done really well and have had a massive survival rate, theres hundreds of the little ones now and theyre getting to a fair size. would say another two months and they are ready for sale.

in terms of picking leaves, should i wait until the autumn to pick leaves when theyve 'dried up' a little bit, or can i pick them whenever and dry them out myself?

im talking about leaves like, ash, beech, plum

i have a HUGE abundance of wild nettles which the public/animals do not have access to and due to my countryside location theyre very clean from pollution :)

Well done mate. You must be happy with that!

Wait until leaves have dropped from the trees in autumn before gathering for your shrimp. Nettle, on the other hand, can be picked and dried so you have a supply all winter.

excellent, thanks guys

i have a sandwhich bag full of dried nettles at the moment, but i will pick some more at the end of the summer to keep me going. i always pick them then boil them up to kill anything and then dry them out, so i know my 'harvest' wont be compromised in the bags!

will be lovely to be able to sell some on to hobbyists to recoup some of my outlay!

Back