• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Red' plants for nano's - small leaf size

Curvball

Hi all,

What are some of the better red plants that have smallish leaves? I've seems a few different types while browsing online but difficult to get a sense of leaf sizes. Your input / advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Saw that variant on the tropica site - very nice but concerned about difficulty.

Are there any other similar options available?

Most have larger leaves. Check out the red section at the green machine

Rotala Rotundifolia can be a light red with good lighting and CO2!:)

Will look into that, thank you.

What are the main differences between rotundifolia and indica? Which variant has the smallest leaves, darkest red?

Rot. rotundifolia has the smallest leaves ( but only just)
Rot. indica has the deepest colour (in good environment)

Saw Ludwigia repens 'Rubin' on the Tropica site. Now that is a nice looking plant. Anybody growing this?

Ludwigia sp the new tropica variation seems to have smaller leaves, orangey red in my tank, loverly plant.

Would it look like this one in the centre?

Ludwigiasp_zps7eaa455d.jpg

Came as a single stem from a Hoggies lucky dip collection but I understand it may have originated from 'Sensations of Red' (Iain Sutherland's tank).

Very elegant and nice grower too :)

Attachments

• Ludwigiasp_zps7eaa455d.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 81
Would it look like this one in the centre?

Came as a single stem from a Hoggies lucky dip collection but I understand it may have originated from 'Sensations of Red' (Iain Sutherland's tank).

Very elegant and nice grower too :)

That is very nice. Would be good to get some clarification on which plant it is.

Attachments

• Ludwigiasp_zps7eaa455d.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 81
Back