• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel 180 first planted tank

A trip to Calder valley aquatics this afternoon saw me coming away with a bunch of Alternanthera pink reinecki which I have planted behind the middle rocks in this tank and a pot of Lilaeopsis which I'm going to plant in the bogwood tank.
While tinkering around with this I've installed a co2 reactor which I bought some time ago and never used plus this has allowed me to place the spray bar near the bottom of the tank hopefully this may benefit my pogo styro and hc also repositioned the heater a pleasant afternoons tinkering

epumaban.jpg

ty4enehu.jpg

e5eduhy9.jpg

uma5ehag.jpg

tady8ybe.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

great tank great inspiration to get my 180 sorted out!
Thank you this was my first attempt at a dedicated planted tank and it's so much more rewarding than just keeping fish

Both filters stripped and cleaned first time since I installed them on this tank very little dirt inside I'm sure the impellers have benefited from the clean out and the flow does seem to have improved however not a huge difference however a piece of mind knowing that these filters are on top of the job and can go lengthy periods with little maintenance

Will be pulling some hc up tomorrow from either side it will be getting a haircut at the same time it's looking vey green and healthy but is taking some keeping up to needs cutting frequently and doing so takes a long time not so much the cutting but getting all the trimmings out of the tank there's still some stuck in the stems at the back from the last trim it's just grows where it sticks

Will be thinning out or completely removing the pink reiki in the middle rear I just don't like this plant it's growing and healthy it just bores me

4e5ave7u.jpg

Will be replacing it with this and some of this

edyqy6eh.jpg

Will be adding more grass to each side to replace the trimmed hc

garajepa.jpg

Will update tomorrow here's a FTS before we either improve or destroy our first scape fetch your scissors and tweezers tomorrow Andy

5adevu4e.jpg

ryvevehe.jpg

Attachments

• 4e5ave7u.jpg
    4e5ave7u.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 104
  • edyqy6eh.jpg
    edyqy6eh.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 107
  • garajepa.jpg
    garajepa.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 5adevu4e.jpg
    5adevu4e.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 108
  • ryvevehe.jpg
    ryvevehe.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 101
Well we have been brutal with our hc carpet cut a lot away

7yrateru.jpg

tepusetu.jpg

y2ahujar.jpg

Attachments

• 7yrateru.jpg
    7yrateru.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 106
  • tepusetu.jpg
    tepusetu.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 118
  • y2ahujar.jpg
    y2ahujar.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 112
yta9a3y3.jpg

e5a9aqum.jpg

gy2ydegy.jpg

e4y4ynyr.jpg

Well it's been a long night see how it looks in morning

Attachments

• e5a9aqum.jpg
    e5a9aqum.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 110
  • yta9a3y3.jpg
    yta9a3y3.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 98
  • e4y4ynyr.jpg
    e4y4ynyr.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 107
  • gy2ydegy.jpg
    gy2ydegy.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 110
what have you done with the hc. I buy it? :)
Just put a big clump in a box for you and big clown is going to post it tomorrow he will be in touch
ryhyryru.jpg

Attachments

• ryhyryru.jpg
    ryhyryru.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 112
Been a bit brutal and cut a lot of the stems back at the rear as they were starting to look untidy also removed some more hc and added the glosso can't wait for this to fill in cleaned the spray bars with my new brush and added another 35 Amano shrimps all of which have disappeared into the dragon rock and stems at the rear the assasin snails have got the snail outburst under control which is good so just a case of keeping up with water changes and waiting for it all to fill in again

yzutaqep.jpg

sa5yha8e.jpg

aretyrus.jpg

a4ahyvus.jpg

You should have just got them from Aquaessentials but I'd have probably done the same, its a good shop worth supporting. You'll have to thin the stems out to fit the new plants in, its fairly dense behind the rocks. Are you pulling some\all of the myriophyllum? and we've still got to trim the bad bits from stauro and pogo.
Theres some work gone into both your tanks over the last few weeks, its making me want to go out and out high tech with the cube and put some hard stems in the rear.

Back